Wrestling Forum banner

Anyone else tired of the constant power struggle angles in TNA?

2726 Views 32 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  Samford_Says
It seems they have been around since the early days of TNA and have never really gone away. But now it feels like they've gone completely overboard to me. Plus I mean now THE NETWORK apparently books the main events/title matches not even Hogan/Dixie so what's the point of even having control when Spike TV can over rule anything? It feels like the entire 8 years TNA has been around there have been constant never ending power struggle battles and it's very fucking stale now. They need to end this shit once and for all and then it's time to try something new guys.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· HEADBANGA
27,527 Posts
I'm dead tired of it too. It's always a group trying to control the show. It was Jarrett, then the MEM, now it's Immortal. It does get tiring after a while, but the problem is that their roster is so bloated that they needs fucking stables so that enough guys can get TV time.

· Registered
12,961 Posts
Been tired of it, TNA like stables because it gets everyone on tv and is a form of lazy booking. Vince Russo since he became a head writer in pro wrestling always had stable wars in his top two story lines.

· Celestial Messiah
38,520 Posts
It reeks of the 90s. And Vince Russo. The biggest reason they do it probably is that way they can keep booking easy BRAWLZ and instead of getting one guy a push, they get a bunch together and pretend they're pushing them.

· Premium Member
24,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Russo does a lot of dumb shit, but seriously TNA has been having never ending power struggle angles for 9 years. it started with Russo and Jarrett all the way back in the weekly PPV days and has never ended.

· Registered
10,918 Posts
I've been saying this since Friday but the TNA marks round here have yet to call me out on it and try to argue with me about it. Instead they go off on how much better TNA than WWE and that I'm 16 so my opinion isn't valid.

Anyway not only is it a power struggle but it involves the same bloody guys who were in one 15 years ago! Omg what the fuck? How stupid do you have to be to not see TNA does nothing original? Not only do they rehash storylines, even the fucking characters are rehashed.

It's like a sequel to a movie is the exact same thing as prequel. The same events happen and they invlove the same characters. What's the point in watching the sequel if the prequel did it 10 times better.

Likewise what's the point in watching TNA if WCW did it better?

If I wanna see Bischoff and Hogan play the "We're taking over the company all over again" game, I'd download some WCW from 1996.

· Celestial Messiah
38,520 Posts
Well, take a look at Lockdown. Over the last three years its been three different power struggles

Frontline vs MEM
Hogan vs Flair
Immortal vs whoever the fuck is the new face faction

Its just the same people moving over and over.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
You realize WWE does the exact same thing? Honestly, I'm tired of all the "authority figure" nonsense years ago. I think each promotion should get rid of the authority figure storyline cause it's become very formulative whether it's a heel or face.

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
If you think about it, TNA has been in a neverending stable war ever since the days of Sports Entertainment Xtreme. The whole stable vs. stable idea has been run dry and is an overexposed concept at this point.

· Premium Member
4,371 Posts
TNA doesn't want to be a different product then WCW or WWE.

TNA needs to stop with the on-air-authority figures, the opening promos for Impact, and the company conspiracy angles. If TNA can do that then it will automatically separate them from WWE. A good wrestling program does not need to be EXACTLY like WWE.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.