Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
back in 2009 at wrestlemania 25 the main event was randy orton vs triple h, it was a personal feud and they made the match so that if triple h were to get DQed, he would lose the title(sound familiar) and there match unfortunately had to follow possibly the greatest wrestlemania match of all time Michaels vs Taker 1. that being said punk and jericho had to follow another classic, and had a good match, as well as orton and triple h as well. People on this site have bashed orton and triple h for their match but try to make up any excuse for punk and jericho not having the match expected. people are being to based towards punk-jericho and it's ridiculous. and to be honest, the match are about equal in my opinion.
the matches were almost identical, crowd is dead at the start, but come alive at the end.

i guess the question im asking is why so biased, it makes no sense:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Some people liked the Punk/Jericho match more? I would assume that is the reason they are saying it was a better match.

·
Banned
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there match was almost identical to orton-triple h, so if orton-triple h sucked then why is punk-jericho so good again:confused:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Punk/Jericho was a fantastic match. Some consider it the match of the night.

Orton/Triple H was an extremely mediocre match that closed Wrestlemania with a huge anti-climax. There are no similarities at all.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I can't say I loved Punk vs Jericho, and I was disappointed by it, but it had plenty of good things to it as well. I don't know that I've seen too many rabid defenders of Punk/Jericho though, aside from a handful of people who overrate it, but then again you get that with any match.

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if you're a bit biased in favor of HHH vs Orton.

·
Banned
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I can't say I loved Punk vs Jericho, and I was disappointed by it, but it had plenty of good things to it as well. I don't know that I've seen too many rabid defenders of Punk/Jericho though, aside from a handful of people who overrate it, but then again you get that with any match.

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if you're a bit biased in favor of HHH vs Orton.
not baised at all, just felt like i seen this match get bashed for 3 years, then jericho-punk have about the same match and people like the one person above scream match of the night which can't be farther from the truth by the way. unless rock-cena and taker-triple h 2 didn't take place then

·
Registered
458 Posts
Their match sucked and this feud is being milked

·
Banned
561 Posts
Punk/Jericho >> HHH/Taker (unless you enjoy 30+ minutes of chair shots and finishers) >>>> HHH/Orton
HHH/taker has nothing to do with this, he asked about why you guys are overating punk/jericho, and talk down to HHH/orton when the matches were just about the same

and i for one agree

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Fella vs Brysquash was better, it ended to fast that it didnt have time to suck like punk vs jericho

·
Wog Piece of Shit
1,125 Posts
back in 2009 at wrestlemania 25 the main event was randy orton vs triple h, it was a personal feud and they made the match so that if triple h were to get DQed, he would lose the title(sound familiar) and there match unfortunately had to follow possibly the greatest wrestlemania match of all time Michaels vs Taker 1. that being said punk and jericho had to follow another classic, and had a good match, as well as orton and triple h as well. People on this site have bashed orton and triple h for their match but try to make up any excuse for punk and jericho not having the match expected. people are being to based towards punk-jericho and it's ridiculous. and to be honest, the match are about equal in my opinion.
the matches were almost identical, crowd is dead at the start, but come alive at the end.

i guess the question im asking is why so biased, it makes no sense:confused:
Jericho/Punk is MOTY so far, I have explained my reasons why in other threads and am tired of it. In no way is it similar to Orton/HHH at WM 25. Not even close just no. Punk/Jericho was technical, tactical told a story and was fucking awesome I loved it. I don't need to make up excuses because I genuinely loved the match, I didn't hate HHH/Orton and have never bashed it but it wasn't fantastic it was average and for Mania probably should have been better.

Ofcourse Marks are always biased. Nothing new.

Both matches were shit btw. Jericho/Punk is the worst match of the year yet.
Marks are not always biased, I'm not a Punk fan at all FYI, and bagged The Rock all year but realised why him beating Cena was good and admitted it.

there match was almost identical to orton-triple h, so if orton-triple h sucked then why is punk-jericho so good again:confused:
It wasn't identical. Nowhere near it, If you don't understand why they are not then you may be quite young, watch them both again, all you commented on was the crowd reactions lol. I understand crowd reactions can give atmosphere to matches but just because the crowd was similar (if they were I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt) It doesn't mean the whole match was similar. Come on now.

not baised at all, just felt like i seen this match get bashed for 3 years, then jericho-punk have about the same match and people like the one person above scream match of the night which can't be farther from the truth by the way. unless rock-cena and taker-triple h 2 didn't take place then
If you think Rock/Cena was a good match there really is no hope for you. Rock/Cena was one of the worst matches I have ever seen, EVER. On the topic of seeing one match get bashed and one match get praised, even though you are full of it because I've seen plenty of hate for Jericho/Punk. It's different posters all the time, the IWC isn't one person. We are literally thousands of people and we're not always active.

·
Wog Piece of Shit
1,125 Posts
HHH/taker has nothing to do with this, he asked about why you guys are overating punk/jericho, and talk down to HHH/orton when the matches were just about the same

and i for one agree
You kidding me? Punk/Jericho is severely under-rated on this forum.

It is a tactical masterpiece, they have to out think and out smart each other to get the leg up. It's not just random momentum shifts like HHH/Orton and HHH/Taker was. It is In ring psychology at it's finest. If you can't understand that don't watch wrestling it's really not for you.

·
Banned
561 Posts
You kidding me? Punk/Jericho is severely under-rated on this forum.

It is a tactical masterpiece, they have to out think and out smart each other to get the leg up. It's not just random momentum shifts like HHH/Orton and HHH/Taker was. It is In ring psychology at it's finest. If you can't understand that don't watch wrestling it's really not for you.
typical mark, hey if you dont like what i like then you dont know wrestling, please, your a blind mark who wont admit the your fav had a mediocore match at wrestlemania, and lol at rock-cena being one of the worst matches you've ever seen, you sound like the one who doesn't understand wrestling by far, dont insult people intelligence and make it seem like they don't know wrestling because they didn't like your favs match, and saw it for what it was

A BOREFEST

1 - 20 of 59 Posts