Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
I just thought the way the awful fued between them is going they would end up having Kane put Taker over at Wrestlemania or something, Anyone else agree?
Umm Taker' wins the big matches against Kane, all the time, from what I remember. I would like to see a Kane win, wishful thinking on my part. :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
The one in Wrestlemania 14 was great. A real favourite of mine. But the Wrestlemania 20 one was just a squash.

BTW, OP, what did you mean by 'put over'?
You are right!!!! WM 14 was the best, WM 20 it just blew ;)
and I agree, what do you mean with "put over"???

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
What do you mean finally put the Undertaker over? Kane always puts Taker over...every time they have a blow-off, Taker gets put over.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
You are right!!!! WM 14 was the best, WM 20 it just blew ;)
and I agree, what do you mean with "put over"???
I was wondering about that, maybe he's confused over what some terms mean. That's ok, it happens to all of us from time to time.

For the record OP, to put someone over means to lose to them and enhance their position in the eyes of the fans (eg. Mysterio vs ADR last week) or beat them in such a way that they look much stronger from then on out (eg. Taker vs Jeff Hardy in their Ladder match back in 02 where, even in defeat, Jeff wouldn't stay down and Taker raised his hand as a show of respect).

Kane has lost the vast majority of his matches to Taker so, if anything, Taker is the one who needs to put Kane over. He did that in the build up to their WM14 match despite ultimately beating him. With their WM20 match it was much more dominating and Kane looked much weaker afterwards.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I just thought the way the awful fued between them is going they would end up having Kane put Taker over at Wrestlemania or something, Anyone else agree?
Totally agree. I also hope that Cena will hardly ever lose clean. Enough's enough already. Taker needs the rub from his brother and Cena needs a superman push.

Who's with us??!!!:cussin:

·
Registered
242 Posts
c'mon guys give him a break. To a person who is new to the IWC, as i was just a few months ago, the terminology can be tricky at first. who knows, English may not even be is primary language.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I'm thinking that maybe they won't have Kane beat Taker at all in this fued, just to illustrate that Kane will always be in Taker's "shadow". We all know it's true, and if they acknowlege it kayfabe, then Taker el be put over huge.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The feud isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm actually looking forward to the match after last night now. Hopefully Kane finally gets him :)

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,028 Posts
Kane has put Taker over in every fued. It's about time that Taker puts Kane over, so that Kane has a win over him before their eventual retirement. It's just like The Rock and Austin. Stone Cold won twice at their WM bouts, but The Rock won the last at WM19 so now that The Rock has retired, he can say he has atleast one WM win over Austin.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
If it were up to me, I'd have three matches between the two. I'd prefer to keep NoC a no gimmick match with Kane going over to keep him strong. HIAC, they'd obviously meet in the cell, and I'd probably have Kane going over again as Undertaker won his last couple of cell matches. Third and final match at Survivor Series (Bragging Rights?), winner can be either guy, and I'd like to see an inferno match to make their feud come full circle, although the injury risks in that kind of match would have me worried for both guys.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts