Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look, I hate to be that guy. I know the IWC has been pissed about Cena's constant wins for years, and now I'm complaining about him finally losing. I hate to be that guy, but fuck it, I've never really hated Cena to begin with.

Love him or hate him, you can't deny Cena is a mega-star. Hell, he's really the only mega-star they have full-time on the roster, unless you count guys like Orton (whose star has faded rapidly) and Punk (who is still only a budding star, no-matter what people here say). The WWE should have a hierarchy. Cena should only lose to stars that are either on his level (ala the Rock, or Lesnar), Monsters (Henry, Lesnar), or to put over someone on the verge of stardom (ala Punk). Under no circumstances should he lose to someone like recent "tough guy of the month" (just like Vladimir Koslof once was) Lord Tensai. If Cena is to job to the Rock and Lesnar, which is fine, he needs to still look like a mega star in comparison to everyone else. Losing to someone like Tensai is horrible, and should not have happened.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Cena has lost two matches, one clean and one with two interferences and a shot of green mist (against an undefeated opponent) and is now losing too much?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree with the OP. Cena should never lose. EVER. No matter what.
Not sure if sarcastic, but if you are, I didnt say he should never lose. I'm just saying, if he's going to job to Rock and soon Lesnar, he needs to still look strong. Losing to a forgettable character like Lord Tensai will do his mega-star status no favours. If they keep going down that road, a win over Cena will mean nothing.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
They are starting this heel turn with having him keep losing. Hoping he comes out some time in the next 3 months and starts ripping at everyone who beat him, then start abusing the crowd, and beat up Michael Cole! :D

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
He lost like 2 matches since Hell in a Cell.

·
Registered
339 Posts
He wins a match, he never loses.

He loses a match, he loses too much.

In conclusion every John Cena match should end in a No Contest.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
So one mega star beating him, and one match lost after two interferences from Otunga and one interference from Sakamoto and a shot of green mist to the eyes...you know what this means?

CENA IS A JOBBER.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not sure if sarcastic, but if you are, I didnt say he should never lose. I'm just saying, if he's going to job to Rock and soon Lesnar, he needs to still look strong. Losing to a forgettable character like Lord Tensai will do his mega-star status no favours. If they keep going down that road, a win over Cena will mean nothing.
Losing is not jobbing. A-Ry losing to Tensai is jobbing. Cena losing to Tensai is not.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
He's lost twice in the last 6 months, how is that losing too much? PLUS his defeat to the Rock was his first clean defeat in almost 2 and a half years? and it took interference from 2 different people to lose against Tensai. OP you're either trolling or just plain dumb.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
As long as it's not overdone, it's ok, but if he loses more than what he should has been the top guy in the company, then the shock factor will wear off. Stone Cold would never lose to a mid-carder in an unannounced match on Raw. A wrestler would have to be very special to go over Hogan in his prime. The problem today is that the top guys wrestle all the time. Although the top guys SHOULD win the majority of the time.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Cena's so big that even if he lost clean to Hornswoggle, it wouldn't hurt his credibility. That said, the only match he lost clean that I remember in the last year and a half (since I started watching again, that is) was to the Rock at WM.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts