Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
22,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past he was like an end game boss that was unbeatable, and if you beat him you had to hit him with like 5 finishers in a row or something. But at Crown Jewel Brock looking leaner and in better shape than ever lost to a shot with the belt to the head, and i think he took like 2 spears the entire match.

To me Brock's beastlike aura was killed in this match, he lost to Roman after not much effort at all. Which is a shame cause he returned looking like a Viking god.

And how they did the Heyman spot at the end was total bullshit, they built the entire feud around "What will Heyman do? whos side is he on" and in the end he slid the belt in between Roman and Brock not choosing either and both just grabbed it, then he just left with Roman. So after all that build he really didn't even choose, and the spot was confusing cause he was going "You know what to do with it!" and both guys was looking like "huh?".

Why slide it in between them? did he not want either guy to lose and gave them both an equal opportunity to use his interference? i dunno it was just dumb imo and a copout like they couldn't decide who to have Heyman choose and they just didn't have him do it..

·
Registered
656 Posts
I agree to be honest, but Brock lost that aura back in 2019/2020. I think it would've been better if the title shot led to another spear to a staggered Brock. That would've just been enough. A title belt hit alone feels weak. Now you could say he got speared just before so WWE bookers didn't want to be redundant but since when has that stopped them before.

The good thing about Brock's absence was that it actually felt like a solid reset for him. 2019 and 2020 were not good for him. He lost like a jabroni to Seth in 2019 twice, once to an injured Rollins, and then got beat by McIntyre in like 4 minutes or something. The McIntyre match especially felt weak because McIntyre was basically a midcarder before that match. It made it feel like they're desperately trying to use Brock to make some new guys (because they were but obviously it didn't work out as well).

The break was good though because it kinds of lets you ignore all that bullshit. Yet we're now back to a vulnerable Brock. They could've gotten away with this if Reigns was booked far more strongly than he is, but he isn't. Reigns is like a A tier persona right now rather than the S tier he was back as a face. Kayfabe power level isn't there.

As for the Heyman stuff, they need to follow up on that. That was a clutch moment, and Reigns should be calling him out on that. When it came down to it, Heyman basically failed him. If that's ignored, then it's gonna look stupid. We need a Heyman beatdown.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
14,527 Posts
First thing I thought of was their tug of war. The second thing I thought of was a call back to how Heyman screwed Brock with Big Show and the title belt taking him out. The title belt really helped take him out vs Eddie too. They used the belt on him when Heyman sided with Angle too. Cena used a chain to the head and HHH a hammer to put him down before, but title belt to the head has always been Brock’s kryptonite

·
Registered
57 Posts
You see, he doesn't have the title and he was the face, so we were seeing regular nerfed Brock Lesnar, not True Final Boss Brock Lesnar. It's like in a game where you beat this impossible boss that's been tormenting you all game, and then he joins your team and he sucks ass.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,130 Posts
Good match, bad finish. But I don't understand why we're supposed to believe Heyman is back with Brock. Because Brock said so?

Ummm...ok? I'm convinced!

Reactions: SAMCRO

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Crown Jewel never really helps or hinders a wrestlers career. It's a financial obligation and Brock always goes where the money is so he probably doesn't give a fuck about the finish or how it reflects on him.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ya the title to the head didn’t seem like enough. I expected the uso interference but that was very quick. They should have had heyman do something more. Now Brock has lost and nobody wants to see him vs Roman again so who’s next now.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
22,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You see, he doesn't have the title and he was the face, so we were seeing regular nerfed Brock Lesnar, not True Final Boss Brock Lesnar. It's like in a game where you beat this impossible boss that's been tormenting you all game, and then he joins your team and he sucks ass.
Lol so true.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
It's still better than the same old 623 Spears and 457 F5s match they usually have. Brock is not a go like he was from 2014 to 2018, remember he lost clean to Rollins and Drew and both of them are fucking upper midcarders now so I think he's just a regular human right now.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If anything he didn’t loose east enough. After being beaten clean by Rollins and Drew both of which have been losing left and right recently , the tribal chief who have actually dominated everyone clean for over a year needed the help of both his cousins plus a belt hit to the head to be able to take Lesnar down.

Seth didn’t need any help to beat Brock at mania and he put him down with 3 finishers .

Drew just plain beat Brock at mania too in like 10 min

Hell even Goldberg beat Brock in like a couple minutes when he first returned .

So no, Brock didn’t lose too easy at all in fact he had Roman beat clean after the second F5, he had him covered and only the fact that the ref was out kept Roman from losing

·
Waiting for Kawato
2,771 Posts
I think too easy is a good way to describe it, sure. Not too easy in storyline, but too easy in that exact predictable shit is precisely what people would be expecting, and that's exactly what they did. Massively underwhelming finish. Almost every time in that situation you give the people what they're expecting but then he KICKS OUT and then you go to something else, but they obviously didn't care enough to put that much effort into it.

The Heyman thing is less a copout, and more a way to keep the story going. It got positive attention so they'll drag it out, and conclude it at a show that is of actual note.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
6,171 Posts
I am happy enough to suspend my disbelief that a title shot to the head is enough to finish anyone.

It would have been more impactful imo if Goldberg just hours before hadn't shook off several punches the face with a chain from Bobby Lashley. It was bordering on no-selling. Gimmicks like this need to be protected across the entirety of the promotion.

·
Registered
11,448 Posts
Oh come now, Magus wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I think the balance was fine, previously Brock was booked like a GOD where almost no one stood a clean chance against him due to the difference and I think that was fine at the time because it was cool and interesting. But now, he's on a slight losing spree and I think it was a good idea to make Reigns seem almost on par with Brock in terms of chance of winning a clean match

I'd like to see Brock somehow be moved into a feud away from the title, though not sure if that will work with his contract (not knowledgeable of this) and they would need a suitable person for him to feud with

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am happy enough to suspend my disbelief that a title shot to the head is enough to finish anyone.

It would have been more impactful imo if Goldberg just hours before hadn't shook off several punches the face with a chain from Bobby Lashley. It was bordering on no-selling. Gimmicks like this need to be protected across the entirety of the promotion.
Exaclty (y)

A logical finish is always going to look bad when it is preceded by unbelievable nonsense. The whole show should be built around protecting the main event. It's the same with having a million false finishes every night. Nothing means anything anymore so when something is actually done correct it looks bad/weak.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The aura left when he jobbed clean to Seth Rollins at Summerslam 2019. Since then, he only wrestled Finn Balor who took it to him and then Drew ousted him in 5 minutes after a finisher fest! Brock is 44 years old. Age has to start playing a factor in making him a tad more vulnerable at some point.

Also, it was great to see Roman made to look like his equal or even better for once instead of getting suplexed and F5'ed to hell then making a failed comeback. In all their meetings, Roman actually looked like the bigger star in their match for the first time..

And BTW, he ate a double superkick and got cracked over the head with the title belt before getting pinned. So, while Roman had good offense against him in the match, Brock still had to have unusual circumstances occur to be beaten.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts