Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No evidence, I'm just thinking of the (yawn) Kaz/Daniels storyline. They have to wrap it up somehow, and if it's just something like AJ having an affair or something it'll be pretty anticlimactic.

But if they come up with something like, "AJ has been putting an a nice guy façade for years while secretly doing bad things to cement his place in the company", it could give him the jumping off point for a heel run.

Two real life things that may also be relevant. 1) He's "Mr TNA" yet he's been used/underused horribly for quite a while. His ring work is still great but he's gotten stale as a presence. And 2) I haven't heard anything new about this, but apparently he's injured now.

So something shameful that exposes him as a heel would give him time to "run away with shame" or "take time off to hatch the next step in his devilish scheme" or something (while healing), then he could come back with a new gimmick and fresh impetus in a few months time.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
399 Posts
its like tna is trying to bury aj like they did joe. Also why does tna feel they have to turn every one heel to get them over?

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
its like tna is trying to bury aj like they did joe. Also why does tna feel they have to turn every one heel to get them over?

Just like a lot if guys: Couldn't get over as a face. That's the smartest thing to do. And when they really get over as heels, they will be big as faces depending on who it is. Basic business, duh.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Just like a lot if guys: Couldn't get over as a face. That's the smartest thing to do. And when they really get over as heels, they will be big as faces depending on who it is. Basic business, duh.
but hes over as a face, everytime they go on the road he gets one of the loudest pops of the night.

·
Registered
721 Posts
TNA has got something right - The title is by far the most important thing in the company. The TNA world title is legitimate, it means more than the WWE title does.

AJ just needs to get involved in the world title scene and win a big feud.

Styles v. Roode could be what main events BFG and you can have baby face AJ Styles, MR.TNA, save the company from Roodes year long title reign and regain the championship once more.

BFG -
Styles v. Roode (C) (If they want to go this direction the story rights itself, just start it with Styles winning the BFG series)
Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan vs Eric Bischoff and Ric Flair (Expect to see Hogan in action, expect to see the Bischoff-Hogan drama continue and expect to see Hogan put Hardy in the match so that it becomes the biggest 'draw' for the show.)
Austin Aries vs Kurt Angle vs Sting vs Bully Ray vs. James Storm vs. Mr.Anderson (Number 1 contenders match, bill the match as the BFG series runner ups or something)

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
he was heel and wasnt a good heel at all, many wondered why even change him. AJ is someone the fans can relate to. Its a tragedy that he isnt one of the top names in TNA. How can he get any better when he was stuck with a bad feud involving Kaz and Daniels. It really is sad that when you think face of TNA judging by the last 5 years its honestly Kurt Angle when it could have been Joe, Styles or Roode. Roode is stepping up now so hopefully he can take that title.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
He's already over. And that's despite being jobbed all the time. He's doing great as a face, just let him main event and steal shows again.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
i definitely think aj should turn heel again.

think rvd in ecw 97-98. that kind of heel. he brags about being the greatest wrestler, but backs it up. his cockyness could get heat.

aj would probably need a mouthpiece though, truth martini would be ideal. idk who else they could use. they already tried flair and fucked it up.

turn him heel, put him back in the x division, let him have his fued with aries, take the title from him, build him up again through the x division, and some time next year, hes back in ME scene as THE top heel.

storm wins the world title at BFG, build up aj vs storm at lockdown 13 for the world title.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Simply put no i don't think they should turn AJ Styles heel because he is the most consistently popular face in TNA and if they were to actually push him properly as their top face in the same way WWE has done over the years with one or sometimes two faces he could finally be ready to take off. The closest TNA ever came to actually pulling the trigger on AJ Styles was from late 2009 through to his heel turn in 2010 during his feud with Kurt Angle and Kurt Angle himself even said he couldn't believe TNA turned him heel just as he seemed to be on the cusp of being a star.

Jeff Hardy can't be trusted and is an ex WWE guy, Kurt Angle admittedly is getting older and doesn't know how long he'll keep going for, James Storm seems to have had his big push now derailed and Ken Anderson simply isn't a good face. I said early this year that i saw AJ Styles and Bobby Roode as potentially a mega feud for TNA standards and they have the history having both been around since the start and being together in Fortune. The only way TNA can really move forward is to have their own identity again which means pushing their own stars rather than making ex WWE guys look superior to their own so i'd have Styles/Roode at Bound For Glory and push it as THE feud in TNA short and long term.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
He has been heel before, but I didn't enjoy his previous run. I do hope if he does turn heel again, it would be better this time around.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The only reasoning I'd have for turning AJ would be the potential feuds. You could have Styles/Aries, Styles/Storm, Styles/Hardy, Styles/Anderson to name but a few. Those 4 matches are all matches I want to see AJ in on PPV. As for his last heel run, minus the first month where he was trying to be mini-Flair, I actually think he did pretty well. Nonetheless I'd still rather see him as a face. Prolong this Styles/Angle feud and put him up against guys like Crimson and Roode.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I thought his heel run with Angle and Tomko was great. He really played up being a cocky asshole with the way he acted in the ring and his team with Tomko was classic. I just think he needs a mouthpiece to talk for him, sort of like when he was with Russo.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
I thought his heel run with Angle and Tomko was great. He really played up being a cocky asshole with the way he acted in the ring and his team with Tomko was classic. I just think he needs a mouthpiece to talk for him, sort of like when he was with Russo.
yea, when aj was heel in the angle alliance and christians coalition, it was pretty damn entertaining. liked his heel character back then.

his alliance with flair had great potential, but hogan yes hogan, thought it would be a good idea to make him mini flair which flopped.

and i agree on aj needing a mouthpiece. aj can cut some good promos once in a while, but overall kinda blah imo. i wish tna would sign truth martini from roh. best manager in wrestling. start their own house of truth stable with aj being the leader. aj could become the top heel.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What would they have to do to really turn AJ heel? Is he so over with the fans that trying to turn him heel would just be pointless?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts