Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually WWE makes it their best effort to stuff as many of those gimmicks into one as they can but all we've got right now is the Cena/Orton TLC.

I could maybe seeing Punk vs Shield or Bryan vs Wyatts being a tables match, however I don't think we'll see a ladder match. Only possibility would be Rhodes Bros vs Real Americans or something since it's the only other belt and there's no way Big E/Sandow gets a gimmick.

As for chair matches, I won't lose any sleep over.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
Re: Anyone else surprised that we've got no Table, Ladder or Chair matches yet?

Make the tag titles match a ladder one.

Otherwise I don't care that they've barely used the gimmick, the main event having it only suits me just fine.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts

Do we really need them? I wouldn't mind if there was only one big gimmick match on the PPV. Makes it feel more important and less like a Russo-gimmick fest

Now if it were up to me, the big TLC Match would have been the Tag Title bout because, fuck, lets face it, the Tag Team Division is the best thing in the company right now. Say Rhodes Vs. Shield, maybe with The Usos thrown in as well to make it a 3 way. But we can't have that match, so never mind.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

Wasn't the whole point of TLC ppv to have Tables,Ladders,Chairs and TLC matches at it? Wasn't there even a PPV where every match was one of those stipulations?

Divas title should be tables match
IC title should be ladder match
Not sure about which should be chairs though

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts

rumor is they want to do a Ladder Match with the Tag Titles with 4 teams.

not sure if they will still do that or just do Rhodes vs Ryback/Axel possibly in Tables/Ladder stipulation

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts

rumor is they want to do a Ladder Match with the Tag Titles with 4 teams.

not sure if they will still do that or just do Rhodes vs Ryback/Axel possibly in Tables/Ladder stipulation
It would be an absolute travesty if The Real Americans and Usos don't make it onto the card.

I would love to see a Rhodes/Usos/Real Americans in a three-way TLC for the tag titles. Ryback and Axel not so much. Though it would be intriguing to see the monster Ryback putting everyone through tables at some point too.

They can make it a 4-way. But if they don't, then we know for a fact that the WWE has no idea how to book a good match anymore.

·
Registered
485 Posts

I expect one or both handicap matches to become a tables and chairs match

handicap 3 on 1 table match: Daniel bryan vs. the wyatts

handicap 3 on 1 chairs match: cm punk vs. the shield

fatal 4 way tag team title ladder match: cody Rhodes and goldust vs. the usos vs. the real americans vs. ryback and axel im also predicting.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

Do we really need them? I wouldn't mind if there was only one big gimmick match on the PPV. Makes it feel more important and less like a Russo-gimmick fest
By that logic they should have kept the PPV name Armageddon. In fact they still should.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts

I'd imagine this is the week where we'll see the stips.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts

I think it's likely both handicap matches as well as a tag team championship match will get stipulations .

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts

I'd like to see a ladder match for the tag titles, a triple threat or fatal four way would be nice.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts

You know what would be nice?

An actual TLC match! (Y)

Seriously WWE with the uninteresting PPV names, it's like they have the most uncreative creative force in charge of naming things. Money in the Bank, TLC, Hell in the Cell, Elimination Chamber & Extreme Rules have got to be some of the most God awful "names" I ever heard, I'm surprised they don't have a PPV called "Tag Match" or "Singles Match" ... Extreme Rules isn't even that bad, except for there is not even remotely extreme about the PPV at all.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Just did a check on Wikipedia this morning. According to the site, there are only five matches on the ppv (6 including the kickoff), and the only match which had tables ladders and chairs was the main event. Is the information on wiki out of date, or is this the complete card?

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts
Does TLC really only have one match with a table , ladder and/or chairs?

Does TLC really only have one match with a table , ladder and/or chairs?

Here is the card.

World Heavyweight Champion John Cena vs. WWE Champion Randy Orton (Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match)
Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family (3-on-1 Handicap Match)
CM Punk vs. The Shield (3-on-1 Handicap Match)
Divas Champion AJ Lee vs. Natalya
Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston vs. Damien Sandow
Dolph Ziggler vs. Fandango (Kickoff Match)
WWE Tag Team Champions Goldust & Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio & Big Show vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. The Real Americans (Fatal 4-Way Match)

It looks like only the main event has tables, ladders or chairs. What is the point of even calling it TLC then?

You could easily make the WWE tag titles a TLC match as well.
The IC match could be a ladder match
The Diva title could be a chair match
It does make it hard for the two handicap matches to have ladders or tables, but they could have chairs.

If the WWE is going to doing this, they need to have just one PPV a year with all these specialty match ups and stop naming PPVs after match types when there is only going to be one match with the stipulation.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts
Re: Does TLC really only have one match with a table , ladder and/or chairs?

Looks that way. At least it'll provide something a bit different. Better to have TLC than HIAC, which is almost futile with the PG restrictions on wrestlers in today's product.

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts

Looks that way. At least it'll provide something a bit different. Better to have TLC than HIAC, which is almost futile with the PG restrictions on wrestlers in today's product.
But my point is, its just one match. Why don't the other matches have at least a table, ladder or chair match

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts

The tag titles surely has to be a ladder match? Maybe the stipulation will be announced on the pre-show.

·
Men with Ven
4,280 Posts

Lets face it, its not a bad thing, most of the gimmick ppv's are dying now, fewer gimmick matches. Those chairs matches are ridiculous absolutely destroys the flow of any match because they have to grab a chair instead of actually wrestling.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts