Barret
Del Rio
Ziggler
Swagger
Rhodes
Dibiase
McTyre

are new comers.
Really no point to this thread. Just an observation.
Some of these guys better start turning face soon. John Morrison and Kofi Kingston can NOT carry this company themselves.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah I've noticed this and I hate it. It's so predictable. Triple H as a heel was amazing, I'd like to see it again. problem is, you can't have a heel veteran without hogging the spotlight... which is bad. Its an necessary evil.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I imagine it's because all the veterans have been around for so long that they're actually quite over, so they'll get cheered in some shape or form regardless of what they do, so it's a lot easier to have them be faces rather then force them down peoples necks as heels.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I have noticed and it's because of the WWEs seeming inability to create a face main evneter (that won't leave) They either need to give guys a push up there (Morrison and probabaly Kingston) or turn some of their heels at some point.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Its always been that way. People are more likely to hate someone new and love someone who they've seen for years and respect the hell out of.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Yeah, redeadening is right. By and large, veterans on their way out tend to be faces.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
That's because veterans have been around for ages, get respect from the fans and good pops --> faces. If they can be booed successfully e.g. Kane / Edge then the WWE will experiment with making them heel. Even Orton who was a massive heel was turned face because of crowd pops.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
oh gosh its the New Blood vs Millionaires club all over again

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I have noticed and it's because of the WWEs seeming inability to create a face main evneter (that won't leave) They either need to give guys a push up there (Morrison and probabaly Kingston) or turn some of their heels at some point.
I think they could very easily have made Punk a face main eventer, he was pretty over before he attacked Cena and he was just announcing. However I'm glad they didn't go that route, especially because he'd be best as an anti-hero type face and we already have Orton on Raw playing that role.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Because people would choose to cheer for people they know over nobodies.

They're faces by default.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Kane's a veteran heel and seeing as he's the former WHC, I'd consider him a top heel.
Agreed. Plus Kane has even been around longer than Edge. So if you consider Edge a veteran you MUST put Kane in that category.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Cocky young heel vs. Grizzled, respected veteran.

It's a staple of the rasslin' business.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
It's harder to make people cheer you than boo you. The veterans have the experience required to get over most of the new dudes have no mic skills which makes it much harder to get over.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i always get that nagging feeling that triple h doesn't enjoy being a face nearly as much as being a heel. it might just be that his enthusiasm in general is decreasing over time, but whenever he's a face he seems like he's going through the motions a little. while when he's a heel, particularly his '99-'01 career defining run, you just got the impression he was having the time of his life.

maybe i'm reading too much in to it, but i get the impression triple h the man would rather be a heel, but the fans just keep cheering him anyway for the reasons the_jiz mentioned above.

you also have to wonder if taker would like to have one last heel run before he bows out. it will never happen though. i genuinely can't imagine undertaker doing ANYTHING that would get the fans to boo him...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts