Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the IWC has a reputation for liking guys better when they are heels, but IMO CM Punk is simply better as a heel character. When Punk's music would hit, you knew some shit was going down, but now it just seems like he comes out and says "blah blah blah, I wanna fight!", the stuff he's doing is redundant and while it's by no means bad, it feels like the guy just isn't being used to his potential. While Punk doesn't drop pipe bombs *all* the time, he's definitely had some great promo's here and there:

Stuff like this IMO is great and while the guy still received a huge amount of cheers, I don't think the WWE necessarily needed to turn him face because of that - I think the cheers stem from the fact that the long time fans (which I suspect there's more of then most here will realize) like someone that plays their character very well and makes it believable, which Punk IMO was able to do. Punk as a face just doesn't live up to the hype, but the face turn itself IMO was poorly handled. You don't go from mocking Paul Bearer's death and feuding with the Undertaker, to just deciding you're going to be a face because you beat Jericho yet again lol. Anyone else miss heel Punk?

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I don't miss him but he was better as a heel, he's pretty terrible as a face. I'm not a fan, but I could understand how he has fans from his heel work, I wouldn't be able to understand how he has fans from his face work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts