Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Best in the World
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't mean the music, I mean the acoustics of the hall and the quality of the microphones are amazing compared to the ones we get on Raw/Smackdown!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yeah, amazingly awful.

No, seriously. At one point during the second episode it felt like JR was moving back and forth off the mic in the middle of his sentences. Whoever is in charge of finalizing production needs to be removed. And/or shot.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
^Isn't the show being partially produced by the university where NXT is being filmed from?

I think WWE intentionally makes Raw/SD audio the way it is. Look at WWE shows from 90s and early 90s, you could clearly make out what many people were saying half the time. That's not good for a show(regardless if its PG or 14+) which could end up having 18+ language said on camera by people in the audience.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I think it is produced by university kids. But dude, university kids should not be that bad. Hell, I did better tech production in high school, and I wasn't even in tech, I was a performer who screwed around with production when I was bored. Unacceptable.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
What was so bad with it? I didn't really notice anything that bad about commentary? I noticed maybe once or twice, but it sounds like like a WWE edit than something with the university(when WWE edits in audio, it's obvious they did,such as McCool a few years ago on SD, and even when they do random video fillers and have to edit in Josh or Cole doing a segway into that video)

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
Well as there no audience noise really during the match itself you can hear the "mic'd" ring noises.. The JR editing of realising which match is aired where was a bit annoying but not much, as a whole i like the new show, it got teething problems and they'll be ironed out asap.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
JR fucking up on commentary was on him. But yes, they left the mics too hot during the match. And the mic volume went in and out drastically throughout the whole thing. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
JR fucking up on commentary was on him. But yes, they left the mics too hot during the match. And the mic volume went in and out drastically throughout the whole thing. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.
Yeah pretty much. Production is awful on the new NXT. Theme music is too low, the crowd is too low but commentary is way too high. Also the in ring microphone was also of terrible quality, you could barely even hear Jinder Mahal's promo this week.

And that's just the audio issues.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
The whole setup is meant to train new production personnel as well as new in-ring talent.

WWE's schedule and craziness means they burn through production talent. So they need a constant supply of fresh, eager 20-somethings with lots of energy.

It was a smart move by WWE to setup NXT where they did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts