Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I coined a name for Miz and Truth, whatchu gon' do about it?

Anyway, it seems like with the increasingly long promo times given to the Punk/Trips/Nash storyline and the Cena/ADR storyline, Miz and Truth have been left out in the dark. As Miz said himself, he had to insult the guy from Subway on RAW the other week just to give him something to do.

Meanwhile, OtungaCutty FINALLY lost the tag titles, and now they're jobbing to Jerry 'The Fat Pervert' Lawler and Zack Ryder. McGillicutty apparently wants to use his real name (Joe Hennig) as people seem to forget that he is Curt Hennig's son, but their careers in WWE look to be going nowhere. The new champions? Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston, not a bad pair by any means.

I'm glad they've finally given Kofi an opponent that isn't Dolph Ziggler, but what I'm most glad about is having a tag-team title match that actually matters on a PPV. This could be wild optimism but this could be one of the matches of the night IMO.

What do you think? Are the WWE finally focusing on the tag-team division again?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
the match is removed from WWE.com which makes me think more teams will be added. specially since guys like Wade, Sheamus, Christian, Bryan will be missing the show. and yes i have heard a rumor that HHH wants to rebuild the tag division so maybe thats what it is.

·
Registered
16,320 Posts
the match is removed from WWE.com which makes me think more teams will be added. specially since guys like Wade, Sheamus, Christian, Bryan will be missing the show. and yes i have heard a rumor that HHH wants to rebuild the tag division so maybe thats what it is.
would be interesting... Maybe add the Usos and... Curt Hawkins and Tyler Rekks :D

McGillicutty apparently wants to use his real name (Joe Hennig) as people seem to forget that he is Curt Hennig's son,
It shocks people to think they are related because his father was talented and a good mic worker, none of which rubbed off on the son :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
His son isn't nearly as experienced yet. Everyone starts somewhere.

And OP: You did not come up with Awesome Truth. Sorry. I've read that name a million times, and I think they may have referred to them as such on WWE programming at one point

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Well if the match goes down i'll be happy.

AirBoom;
Kofi - Can't stand
Bourne - Don't care for mr needs to hit puberty

Awesome Truth;
Miz - Massive fan
Truth - Big fan

So I really, really want them to win the belts.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yeah, I coined a name for Miz and Truth, whatchu gon' do about it?

Anyway, it seems like with the increasingly long promo times given to the Punk/Trips/Nash storyline and the Cena/ADR storyline, Miz and Truth have been left out in the dark. As Miz said himself, he had to insult the guy from Subway on RAW the other week just to give him something to do.

Meanwhile, OtungaCutty FINALLY lost the tag titles, and now they're jobbing to Jerry 'The Fat Pervert' Lawler and Zack Ryder. McGillicutty apparently wants to use his real name (Joe Hennig) as people seem to forget that he is Curt Hennig's son, but their careers in WWE look to be going nowhere. The new champions? Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston, not a bad pair by any means.

I'm glad they've finally given Kofi an opponent that isn't Dolph Ziggler, but what I'm most glad about is having a tag-team title match that actually matters on a PPV. This could be wild optimism but this could be one of the matches of the night IMO.

What do you think? Are the WWE finally focusing on the tag-team division again?
If you can't get buy on your own talent then you might as well try nepotism.

Can't wait for the genesis of Henning. Whenever that moment may start.

·
Dragon Slayer
6,625 Posts
I don't want a long feud simply because Miz/Truth are on a different level. But a one off match at NoC could be really entertaining, with a rematch at whatever the October PPV is.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
I'm sure Miz/Truth will be a tag team for a while because the can't feud with Del Rio (All Heels) & they can't feud with Cena because they've already feuded with him.

I doubt they'll revive the tag division because no matter how great Jeri-Show were, they didn't help the division at all.

I don't want a long feud simply because Miz/Truth are on a different level. But a one off match at NoC could be really entertaining, with a rematch at whatever the October PPV is.
Kofi is at that level too & he achieved it through being a face which is much harder to do.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
I am. I initially didn't like Kofi being in a tag team because that means, he's not gonna advance anytime soon. But I've grown to like them as a team. Evan is playing his part well. Which is shutting the fuck up and let Kofi do the talking. And I've already said that Truth, Miz and Kofi are my top 3 favorites on Raw. I'll probably just download NOC the next day because there is no way in hell I'm even wasting my time streaming it.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
It's very probable that Barrett/Christian will team up at least on that night to get on the card. To explain my reasoning why, I'd have to go into spoilers for this week which I won't do.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Miz and Truth are too good to be soaking up the tag team division. I'm looking foward to this match but not really look foward to a long lengthy feud between the two respectable teams. It's a little too early for Airboom to drop the belts already so I don't want to see nor do I realistically see that happening. After this Miz and Truth need to move on to bigger and better things like feuding with CM Punk or forming a conspiracy stable. Having these two teams feud for a couple PPVs will not be the worst thing in the world since they could put Airboom over but I think Airboom needs the label 'tag team champions' a whole lot more than Awesome Truth does.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

AirBoom;
Kofi - Can't stand

Awesome Truth;
Miz - Massive fan
Truth - Big fan

I totally agree. I hope they win the tag belts. They could be the new rock and sock connection of this generation Miz (Rock) & Truth (Mankind)

·
Asuka
96,224 Posts

AirBoom;
Kofi - Can't stand

Awesome Truth;
Miz - Massive fan
Truth - Big fan

Your opinions on these 2 teams is exactly why you should hope that Miz and Truth DON'T win the tag belts. WWE's tag division is the most irrelevant place a person can be without being a Superstars exclusive.

And no, I'm not looking forward to the match.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts