Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Owens is good and can be entertaining but seeing him screaming and trying to be intimating never looks natural to me. I noticed this is something he's been doing since that dreaded Shane fued is play this unhinged babyface, kinda like Ambrose but it really does look like an overweight child throwing a tantrum.

Anyone else prefer Owens as a comedy midcarder? He's much more entertaining as a sneaky, cowardly and witty heel similar to Jericho in WWE. Him being the top guy delivering Stone Cold Stunners to guys looks ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
He sucks. He was trying TOO hard to be cool as a heel, now he's trying to be cool as a face, and the fact is he isn't fucking cool at all and never will. I know "looks don't matter" but in this case they do. He doesn't look tough, he doesn't wrestle tough, and of course his try hard promos aren't tough. That Stunner is torture.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,752 Posts
I was never really a fan after he left NXT. After beating John Cena, WWE royally fucked his character and now I can't seem him as any more than a mid-carder. Post-Cena KO is more believable against Lesnar than this KO. That KO was a badass. Now he's a geek just yelling hysterically into the microphone every week, going through the motions. It's gonna take a lot more than beating Rollins for me to get back on the KO train. I'd rather they stopped being cowards and push Aleister Black as top babyface. The Black Mass is a finisher worthy of putting down Bork. Not a KO version of the Stunner.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Him being the top guy delivering Stone Cold Stunners to guys looks ridiculous.
He's not the top guy, unfortunately. Not even close.

No, I don't, and even if I did, I wouldn't care, because it's FAKE. Entertain me. He's entertaining. I don't care if he looks like Drake Maverick provided he cuts a better promo than the rest of the roster, which he does. That qualifies him to be booked as Superman.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Not really cause looks like they're building him up to be the top babyface and a serious threat but I do agree with you on the gimmick wise I feel like he should be a babyface but go back to his Fight Owens Fight Prizefighter ways that's what brought him to the dance. His ring attire at NXT Takeover WarGames III made me believe he was going back to that personal but that was for one night only. Seems like he could be in for something big in 2020.

·
Baby Yoda
29,347 Posts
He peaked with his Prize Fighter gimmick, this new iteration of SCSA's #1 fan is embarrassing.

Seth needs to beat him clean a couple of times and move on to bigger and better things.

KO is levels beneath him in kayfabe, so I hope he does and they don't do the BS of the heel becoming 1/100th of themselves when turning heel.

He's not the top guy, unfortunately. Not even close.

No, I don't, and even if I did, I wouldn't care, because it's FAKE. Entertain me. He's entertaining. I don't care if he looks like Drake Maverick provided he cuts a better promo than the rest of the roster, which he does. That qualifies him to be booked as Superman.
Yeah and to the rest of the world he looks like the fat dude from the streets parodying as Austin.

Perception is everything in this business.

It doesn't help that he's fat and has been geeked out by the WWE for years. We're suddenly supposed to buy that he's some badass who isn't trying to play SCSA (doing a terrible job at that)?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Finally a DIFFERENT thread! It's ridiculous how 50% of threads in the Raw/SD section are about fucking bailey, Cringy Lynch, Lana, and the rest are pretty much about Rollins or Fiend.

Finally a fresh name! That being said, Kevin Owens is a solid wrestler/performer, I just don't think he's believable as a badass. Randy Orton, yeah. Lesnar, yeah. Owens, I just don't buy it or see it or feel it.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
IWC Trolls: Ugh, all these skinny midgets with their flips are ruining the industry. We need bigger wrestlers.
Also IWC Trolls: Owens is fat. Rusev is fat. Corbin is SkinnyFat.

I'm starting to think that these trolls are actually just tuning into the wrestling to get their homoerotic fix of huge buff men covered in baby oil. Are you butthurt because Owens is a guy you can't fap to?

Owens is a regular looking man. One of many that are in the more "realistic" realm of WWE wrestler. You have your big buff men in Lashley, Braun, Reigns ... If they all looked the same, you'd be here whining about that too. Why don't you do what most people do, and enjoy the parts of the show that are intended for you, while letting the parts for other kinds of viewers go by without bitching?

·
Banned
499 Posts
no but I have a hard time believing he's face, he's literally all of a sudden this typical wwe cringe smiling happy go lucky babyface, being all friendly with fucking rey mysterio for no reason, when just a couple of months ago when he was heel he would've just smirked at him and insult him etc,beyond pathetic,ridiculous and sad booking. that ofc doesn't have anything to do with him as a talent,just depressingly annoyingly bad wwe booking

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Nope. KO as a fighter is him at his best and much better than him being a typically cowardly heel. People are always talking about wrestling being realistic, for some reason... well, in the real world they're tough guys that look similar to KO. Not to mention he good at playing this role. It's also refreshing seeing a babyface in the WWE show some intelligence rather than constantly falling for the same nonsense over and over again.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I have always been a fan of him. But he, like so many others, is a victim of WWE booking. KO was a beast when he powerbombed Machine gun Kelly thru the table, but sadly that was a long time ago.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts