Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get the point in them? Are they in to show some sort of political correctness? That WWE is not a sexist company? Or to appeal to the female fans?

Seriously though when ever they are on I just skip their matches, I find them boring, cheesy and pointless. No doubt there will be a lot of angry responses here, but I think removing them and focusing on genuine wrestlers would be better

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Truthfully it's why AJ is better than every diva on the roster. She can cut a promo. Don't compare her promos to Heyman promos. But they are head and shoulders above every other diva from the past 5-10 years. Oh and she can wrestle too.

The writers are dumb too. They're trying so hard to put Brie over as a face and it's not going to happen unless they have her sister turn on her. And that won't happen because of Total Divas. Next step...turn them both face. But that won't happen any time soon because the #1 heel diva is the tiniest girl there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree OP

I'm not a sexist, but I do find their matches/segments boring.

The backstage acting is TERRIBLE, and their matches are just blah to me.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

I just find it ironic how people complain about wrestlers like Ryback, and that he can't wrestle but are fine whenever the Divas pop up.

Forget political correctness, the divas were popularized in the attitude era because of the perversion they brought to the WWE. Don't tell me the likes of Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keiber could wrestle because they couldn't. Now since they went all PG family friendly, I no longer see the point to them. In fact I'm genuinely interested to see the justification people have for them to stick around.

PS

It's not like I ever liked the Divas to begin with, when ever they were on in the 90's as well it was my cue to fast forward. IMO WWE should do what WCW did and just remove them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah right here, I hate hate hate them. I don't hate ladies wrestling because there have been some fantastic lady wrestlers, Sensational Sherri, Lelani Kai, Judy Martin, Wendy Richter, Jumping Bomb Angels, Velvet McIntyre, The Fabulous Moolah (to a degree) Chyna (if she was given the chance). But these days I'm afraid it is just used as a a toilet break in PPVs. The worst part about it is the useless divas have takan away the art of the wrestling manager, a role which is so much more useful. As Bobby Heenan always says, unless you are Sensational Sherri, there is no pay off with the girls because you can't beat them up and bloody them. BRING BACK MANAGERS !!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
the most insignificant part of wwe today, the pathetic divas division

·
Banned
361 Posts
Actually I was thinking the opposite, they should cut out some of the more boring males like Curtis Axel and give divas some extra time. I think they have a lot of potential entertainment to add if they were given more time. I love this segment and when Naomi and Cameron say "skrrr" to the Bella's and hold their pom POM's in their face. Divas could have more character with more time while many certain males like Curtis Axel have me completely ignoring the screen during RAW or only 20% watching.

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
The Divas existing to prove the WWE isn't sexist L O fucking L. They are incredibly sexist, they're called fucking "Divas" for a start and have a butterfly style belt, they exist mainly as props for the men's storylines to fight over, they're blatantly objectified - admittedly slightly less so in the present day, there's a commentator who constantly leches over them, they're about as far away from fighting sexism as you can get.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
I think the problem is that the divas division is just too weak. There are only 2 credible divas right now (AJ Lee and Natalya), the rest can barely walk properly, let alone wrestle. I'd call up some of the NXT divas, they're largely better, have better characters, and can actually wrestle.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
They're useless. The only reason they have them wasting space on the roster is so Vince doesn't get harassed by feminist organizations for not employing women. Nobody wants them on a wrestling show.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
AJ Lee, Natalya, Kaitlyn & Tamina Snuka can stay, the rest can go!

·
Banned
9,032 Posts
They're useless. The only reason they have them wasting space on the roster is so Vince doesn't get harassed by feminist organizations for not employing women. Nobody wants them on a wrestling show.
I'm not a feminist and I want to watch women wrestling.

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
the whole division is poorly booked, bries face turn highlighting that

in comparison the womens division down in nxt is really good. the girls there all have strong characters, each one gets mic and in-ring time and they have you know actual feuds

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
WWE wise: As wrestlers yes. Except for AJ, Beth Phoenix and Nattie.
NXT is a different story.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

That's the only logical answer I can think of, since they've stopped with the whole whoring them out, cleaner family friendly shows

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
I do...while AJ Lee is semi entertaining the wrestling is still garbage, no fueds that are meaningful and the matches are shit. Too much botching.

If there was a god then he would force Vince to just drop all the divas down to NXT,or Main Event or some shit, and keep them off the main show.

NXT is decent though, WWE divas can fuck off, they waste time on an already mediocre RAW. I don't want to see these random Divas fueds where they're focused on looking pretty in the ring most of the time...We already have Dolph fucking Ziggler for that. :favre2

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
They are for a demographic that isn't even there.

There are women and girls who watch wrestling. It's the majority of today's audience. But they aren't watching for the divas. They are watching what everybody else is watching which is the main product.

This simplistic idea that the WWE needs Divas for women to watch is absolutely wrong.

Now for my personal opinion. I think they are garbage, they don't have any significance to anything at all. The Divas belt holds no prestige. The majority are awful workers, and awful characters. And The division itself is a joke. Get rid of it.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts