Wrestling Forum banner

Anyone Else Hate the Term "Marking out"?

1740 Views 18 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  lou76
the whole 'mark' or 'marking out' out phrase just sounds retarded to me. What ever happened to being a fan? smh

how are you just going to be a mark for another man?
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is just slang for being exciting for soemthing in wrestling

like a worker is slang for wrestler

etc.
I know what it means. But just hate when cats are like: "dude, I'm a total mark for CM Punk.

or when Striker was going berserk saying "this is a total mark out moment bro."

· Banned
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should probably remove your sig because it pretty much says you are a mark for all those guys.
I don't know how you got that impression but whateva. I am a fan of those guys. to me MARK seems like the same category as STAN.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
yes, a mark is a stupid term..... its always just been a name to me (and a lame one at that) and i just dont see how the name mark tanslates into "i am a fan of this person"

· Registered
6,512 Posts
A mark is the victim of a con. Carny speak, put it together. Gives me a mild chuckle when someone refers to themselves that way proudly, but ultimately it's meaningless on here. I get annoyed when people say 'epic', or 'fail', or 'epic fail'. You just need to ignore irritating things on the internet or you'll end up headbutting your computer.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
It's basically a different version of 'lol'.
I highly doubt every time someone uses the term 'mark out moment', or 'marking out' that they're literally marking out and jumping up and down infront of their television set.

· Registered
674 Posts
Only when a goof like Matt Striker actually says it on the air. It's Internet slang and there's no problem with it imo, but to use it in person...I just don't know...
I mean, you couldn't have stated it more beautifully. I almost marked out for your post. "marking out", or being a "mark" should be the #1 most avoided term on any wrestling broadcast. Their's a certain taboo about it.

· StarStruck
2,072 Posts
No, I use it. I don't see a problem with it tbh. I don't use it just for wrestling, I've said it for other things i've been excited about on TV.

· Registered
674 Posts
I don't use it just for wrestling, I've said it for other things....
Wrestling took it from carnivals anyway. So by using it, ur not abusing it. It just probly goes way over the people's heads that hear you use it.
Still though, it should be kept in a dark corner, only brought out when mocking a jeff hardy or cena mark at a show behind their back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.