Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I alone here in that I really don't care for the Nexus' theme, "We Are One" by 12 Stones?

Since it has debuted, I've thought it was horrible for a heel stable. I understand the whole solidarity theme that it has going for it, but it's very soft. In fact, if you look up 12 Stones on YouTube, you'd realize that they're a very soft band with "We Are One" being their hardest track.

I've noticed that this forum hates any metal with a lead singer who screams, but here's a good track I suggest that has the "single unit solidarity" thing going for it, "Endzeit" by Heaven Shall Burn.

It's heel, it's strong and it has a good initial hook. I know the WWE rarely gets this hard, so I wouldn't expect this track to actually be used, but I just really don't care for "We Are One." An "N" flashes upon the screen; there's no initial hook to get you excited; then it breaks into some soft rock that's supposed to be intimidating.

For fun, why doesn't everyone who agrees with me post videos with themes of solidarity that they'd prefer?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The lyrics are ok, but it sounds like toy army coming, i really dont take it serious. Not to the point of hating, but to the point of not giving a shit

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
Not hate it so much as I've very recently gotten tired of it. What once inspired some vague sense of fear and foreboding now carries with it an unmistakable feel of being overdone.

It may have more to do with the stable not matching up with the theme anymore than anything else, however.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I still like it, pretty good track imo. Honestly, i mark out everytime that theme hits out of nowhere....

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still like it, pretty good track imo. Honestly, i mark out everytime that theme hits out of nowhere....
For me, it doesn't have a lot of presence. It's the big flashing "N" on the titantron that gets the crowd clued in initially, in my opinion. I've always hated "We Are One's" lack of a hook as opposed to Edge's "you think you know me," Orton's "I hear voices in my head" or whatever the hell goes on in Cena's.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, you're track is just horrible... really, really bad. We are one is perfect for the Nexus, it fits like a glove.
Yeah, one of those frilly lady gloves, but to each their own. I know the majority of this board faps over it. I was curious if anyone shared my opinion.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
For me, it doesn't have a lot of presence. It's the big flashing "N" on the titantron that gets the crowd clued in initially, in my opinion. I've always hated "We Are One's" lack of a hook as opposed to Edge's "you think you know me," Orton's "I hear voices in my head" or whatever the hell goes on in Cena's.
I beg to differ, maybe it is just me but deep down inside i actually still mark out for Nexus as a whole although i realize their storyline is quite stale right now, maybe that's why everytime their music hits it always gets me excited, lol.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I beg to differ, maybe it is just me but deep down inside i actually still mark out for Nexus as a whole although i realize their storyline is quite stale right now, maybe that's why everytime their music hits it always gets me excited, lol.
Ah, who am I to judge? I mark out when "I am perfection" hits. lol

·
Registered
648 Posts
GOD YES!!!

I have hated the Nexus theme since it started, I was never able to take them seriously when that singer with the nasel, whiney voice starts singing. When I hear that song play I expect to see some preppy diva come out, not what is supposedly the most intimidating stable since the NWO (Which they are nowhere close to being, but I bring it up for the sake of argument)

The Heaven Shall Burn song is awesome, one of my fave bands. However, I like "the Weapon they Fear" or "Remember the Fallen" better

·
Registered
549 Posts
It's simply abysmal, having a supposedly intimidating faction walk out to such an astonishingly non intimidating song has been one of the many things holding the Nexus storyline back from its true potential. You simply cannot be a faction representing change and a new order in the WWE then walk out to generic modern rock, the song needs to match the attitude. For example, could you imagine how absurd it would be if Stone Cold walked out to a Phil Collins song, or if 'Taker walked out to Coldplay? Ridiculous, right? Because of this, the Nexus theme ranks as one of the worst I've ever heard.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GOD YES!!!

I have hated the Nexus theme since it started, I was never able to take them seriously when that singer with the nasel, whiney voice starts singing. When I hear that song play I expect to see some preppy diva come out, not what is supposedly the most intimidating stable since the NWO (Which they are nowhere close to being, but I bring it up for the sake of argument)

The Heaven Shall Burn song is awesome, one of my fave bands. However, I like "the Weapon they Fear" or "Remember the Fallen" better
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's too soft for a heel faction like Nexus.

Also, you should post the videos for those two tracks.

Speaking of themes, what ever happened to Wade's solo theme that he was meant to get as a prize for winning a challenge in NXT 1?
It's coming. Production just takes a while.

It's simply abysmal, having a supposedly intimidating faction walk out to such an astonishingly non intimidating song has been one of the many things holding the Nexus storyline back from its true potential. You simply cannot be a faction representing change and a new order in the WWE then walk out to generic modern rock, the song needs to match the attitude. For example, could you imagine how absurd it would be if Stone Cold walked out to a Phil Collins song, or if 'Taker walked out to Coldplay? Ridiculous, right? Because of this, the Nexus theme ranks as one of the worst I've ever heard.
Well put. It has to strike fear into the kiddies if they're really to be this feared faction. A theme is instrumental in how a wrestler (or group) is viewed. For example, Randy Orton could have never made the transition to the seething, demented viper with his last track, "Burn in my Light."

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I bet they'll come out to CM Punk's theme now,so I guess that "problem" won't exist any more

The song itself,I like it,but has a theme it just doesn't cut it

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bet they'll come out to CM Punk's theme now,so I guess that "problem" won't exist any more

The song itself,I like it,but has a theme it just doesn't cut it
Ah, we don't want S.E.S 2.0. I hope there's a mash-up of Punk's track from Killswitch Engage and Nexus'"We Are One." I just pray that it's better than that one from Eric that's been circling around. The intro was good, but God, it gets horrible.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts