Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not one that likes heels more than faces or anything. I'm neutral and I think it depends on the character, but I think Sheamus is an awful face with not much of a personality. As a heel, he was exciting and seemed like someone that deserved to be in the main event. People bitch about Punk being a face after being a tremendous heel, but Sheamus is the one that shouldn't have changed.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Yeah, Sheamus is the most boring and bland face world-champion in years. Not counting Cena, that is.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I've written before that Sheamus shouldn't be booked as a face as there isn't anything likeable about his character. Without the title and his strong booking, he would completely fail to get any traction. Tonight's opening promo was another example of it as nothing he said came across as a face as he emphasized the exact words a heel would emphasize. Either he's never been taught how to do a face promo or he is completely incapable of doing one. They are trying to make him the next John Cena but it's not clicking. There's a difference in handing him wins and titles and actually having the audience behind you which wants to see him get those wins and titles. Sheamus fits in the first category, not the second.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I hate how they're trying to stick most faces into the same category as John Cena. Same formula, same falseness, same happy-go-lucky smiley face etc. It's funny how it all changes when they turn heel, and Big Show is a prime example of this. Same troll smile, same 'I like rainbows, puppies, and kissing babies' persona, but when he turned heel, he showed some character!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't really know how to feel about him really. He just seams like another bland face Vince is trying to force us to cheer for. And when he was a heel he was a coward running from nexus. He was one of my faves when he first came out but now he seems just forced and bland almost like he as no control over his character just doing exactly what he's told with no passion.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Sheamus is more entertaining as a face than Cena, Punk, and Orton, so no, I definitely don't hate him as a face. If anything, he's a more natural face than he was a heel. Even when he's making bad jokes, they seem less forced than when Punk/Cena do it.

·
-
7,495 Posts
He's natural face.

They just need to stop trying to turn him into next Cena, and also give him a personality ffs instead of typical smiling babyface goof.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
For me Sheamus is missing something and just boring. He doesn't click with me in any way either. As soon as Smackdown began and I saw him walk out to the ring I changed the channel immediately to something else on TV like the Ultimate Fighter, Boxing, or the NBA playoffs.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
I really cant see Sheamus becoming the next Cena other than similar booking they are nothing alike and Sheamus is nowhere near as marketable as Cena. To be honest there is a certain charm about Cena that cant really be replicated or replaced.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,822 Posts
He's boring, lacks personality and predictable.

He's definitely Cena 2.0 in training (and failing)..

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts
I never liked the guy, even as a heel. Same feeling I had about Cena back in 2003. Just never clicked with me.

I'm afraid he`s really gonna be Cena #2. fpalm

·
Banned
52 Posts
To be honest, I think most faces sucks. It is a lot more harder to play a face than a heel. Its easier for a heel to define their characters. Faces like Austin, Hogan, and Rock are very rare.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts