Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be used as a more serious competitor while still being hilarious. I mean, if they tried Santino coming out two years ago to Cena's aid and coming out of it with his head intact, everyone would go crazy and flame the WWE. But it's so nice today, because he's entertaining with Kozlov, who are really growing on me as I originally thought when Santino was trying to get Kozlov by his side, that it was just another thrown together team. But much like JeriShow, they have evolved together and together have saved each other from being lost in the shuffle. I still laugh whenever I think of Santino & Kozlov singing "We Are The Champions" on Smackdown, especially when Santino's voice to got squeky as he said "We are the champions, wwEEEEEEEEEE Tag Team Champions".

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Its a shame they have wasted him in that capacity because I have heard he is actually a really good wrestler. Just by his comedy ring work you can see he is a good ring worker because he sells moves amazingly. I hope they start letting him show more of his skill, even if its a slow process. SOmething like "Kozlov has been showing me moves and training with me" and stuff like that. I think it would hugely benefit him and WWE.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
Banned
749 Posts
I am. I'm all for paisans getting a push. Make Bruno proud!

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
No. I don't like it because he's NOT being portrayed as a more legitimate competitor. He wins matches, but he's still not a "threatening" competitor. Pulling off two moves and winning matches with the Cobra doesn't make you legit.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yeah I am. When he debuted up until I think the Maria storyline he was taken seriously and I've wanted to see more of that for awhile.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Fuck Santino Marella! he's not funny anymore, he's actually embarrassing. Since Triple H has been gone, Santino has become my least favorite wrestler.

the fact, people over the age of 15 that find Santino to be funny and like the Cobra, shows the low level of intelligence of the current WWE LIVE crowd.

So, no I'm not happy to see Santino, period.

Chris Jericho and The Big Show sucked as a tag team and so does this team.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Santino can go in the ring so why waste him by giving him stupid moves i.e 'The Cobra'. Needs to drop the whole comedy factor because it's getting boring now. Bring back the Santino that's taken serious. Also Kozlov, use him as the brute he once was.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
We complain about Super Cena but I find it strange no one has begun to complain about Super Santino.

He's part of the reason WWE's tag team division is non-existent yet we're cheering him because he's getting this Superman push in the tag division.

·
Banned
749 Posts
How is Santino the sole reason the tag division is dead? Does he have some magical backstage powers that allows him to tell the bookers to break up and fire tag teams?

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
I never really liked Santino. He has his moments but he should be kept far away from any titles as long as he's a comedic character. He made the IC Title a joke when he held it and now the Tag Team Titles are a joke (however the Tag Titles have been a joke for a while).

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
How is Santino the sole reason the tag division is dead? Does he have some magical backstage powers that allows him to tell the bookers to break up and fire tag teams?
I said part. Don't go changing up my words.

Santino contributes to the biggest problem with tag wrestling in WWE and that's being part of a miss matched team with zero chemistry.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
No. I don't like it because he's NOT being portrayed as a more legitimate competitor. He wins matches, but he's still not a "threatening" competitor. Pulling off two moves and winning matches with the Cobra doesn't make you legit.
THIS.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Not only is he not a serious competitor, he hurts the reputation of everyone he faces and beats with a finisher like the cobra. Clearly the usos are trash and wwe just needs a jobber tag team but still, the cobra is less of an impact move than a regular punch.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Funny thing is Santino tagged with Kozlov in OVW as russian duals.

If they do weekly segments of Kozlov teaching Santino more ***** wrestling it would be realistic why he's winning more matches as of late without the expense of his opponents looking dumb.

And how is his Cobra not credible?

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
I said part. Don't go changing up my words.

Santino contributes to the biggest problem with tag wrestling in WWE and that's being part of a miss matched team with zero chemistry.
But that's not his fault. He doesn't book the matches or the story lines... so he's not at all part of the problem. He's just doing as he's told.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts