Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not trying to bash the WWE here, and in fact wouldn't mind asking a few questions to a few of you as I don't remember or know 98% of the stuff you lot do. Really i'm just a casual who watches it here and there and more often than not watch afterburn or experience as I just don't have the time.

I was enjoying the Wyatt family to start with and I thought they could be the next big thing. Anyone know why they pulled the plug on these because it seems to me that's what they have done?They always get Luke Harper In a singles match against the opponent before Bray faces him, in this new feud Jericho, and always loses as far as i'm aware. To me he is pretty decent especially for a big bloke.

So after Bray loses to Cena (who would of thought), he loses to Jericho. Ok he has been about for a long time but surely they need to get Bray back on track and make him a legit threat no?

Then the Wyatt family lose to the Uso's. I've got nothing against the Uso's apart from every match they have to fly over the top rope..its just boring now. But surely the Wyatt's should be beating them,am I wrong in this?

And lastly I just wanted to ask about tag teams and gimmicks. I was watching a tag match with Orton and Kane vs Reigns which for some reason led me to remember Kayentai (sp) Taka and Funaki. Now they weren't the best but they had a good gimmick going. These days everyone seems to have some generic name and come out with the same shit music and have literally no personality. Some would argue about making Rhodes Stardust, but to me that's just lazy writing so they can have their feud somewhere down the line whilst doing nothing in between.

Is it me or is anyone else getting bored of this era, ruining pushes, no gimmicks, shit tag teams so on and so on. Probably just me.

·
Banned
736 Posts
I'm not bored. In fact, this is the most excited I've been about WWE since the early 2000s. Finally they have come to their senses and decided to put the belt on Brock, something they should have done when he first returned. Seeing Brock and AJ both holding World titles (given they both win at SS) will give me the most joy I've had as a wrestling fan in quite some time.

·
Banned
2,882 Posts
Ive been bored for a good 6-7 yrs now but i dont have anything better to do

·
Registered
394 Posts
It's too even stevens for me.

Logically, there is no way Bray should lose YET AGAIN, this time to Jericho, CLEAN I might add.

But they don't want Jericho to get beat twice. It's moreso the fact that they want even stevens booking than they actually need to build up Jericho. He's Chris Jericho for christ sake.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think Jericho will win again at SS with Bray picking up a strong clean win at NOC.

As for the boring argument - after last night's Raw, this is shaping up to be one of the most exciting times in wrestling, for me, in recent years.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm not bored. In fact, this is the most excited I've been about WWE since the early 2000s. Finally they have come to their senses and decided to put the belt on Brock, something they should have done when he first returned. Seeing Brock and AJ both holding World titles (given they both win at SS) will give me the most joy I've had as a wrestling fan in quite some time.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. This is the WWE we're talking about.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just curious, when was the last time you weren't bored OP?
Well there's a few times when something interesting catches my attention like when Goldust came back, but they fucked that up. I don't know really it just seems that when something good could happen they manage to make it pointless or boring. It's just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I'm actually looking forward to the coming weeks. With the (maybe) new Nation coming around, Jericho/Wyatt, Ambrose/Rollins, and Lesnar coming back, I think we may be in for an exciting next few weeks.

edit: Swagger/Rusev was great too, but it looks like WWE is dropping that angle like a bad habit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The whole Wyatt family is turning stale... too much defeat since The Shield feud, Bray is a awesome talker but now some crowds starts " WHAT " chants
Sometimes all they need is for them to come out, smash the shit out of someone and leave. They overdone it with the talking in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Well now that their main visions from the last couple of years are all seeming to come together "nicely" for them, and a lot of characters seem to be slotting into place and finding their place on the card, it seems a little more exciting, but don't be fooled, its not. I agree its boring.

That excitement really is just manipulated buzz and canned noises and WWE is at its most predictable it has been since I can ever remember. Don't get me wrong, the product today is far better than it was in 2009-2011..but that's not saying much. 2014 has been so utterly predictable, bar one match, 21-1. Everything else has been a fucking snooze fest. The fan reaction to Bryan on top of the cage was sweet but everything else has been a fucking drag, I'm getting really tired of all the fakeness. And I don't mean fake wrestling, I mean, overly scripted, written-for-TV, corporate BS. Its like wrestling is dying, old-school style is anyway. This corporate BS seems to have no pay-off and no originality.

So yes OP, I agree with you, but most wrestling addicts probably are bored. I watch out of habit not out of enjoyment. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well now that their main visions from the last couple of years are all seeming to come together "nicely" for them, and a lot of characters seem to be slotting into place and finding their place on the card, it seems a little more exciting, but don't be fooled, its not. I agree its boring.

That excitement really is just manipulated buzz and canned noises and WWE is at its most predictable it has been since I can ever remember. Don't get me wrong, the product today is far better than it was in 2009-2011..but that's not saying much. 2014 has been so utterly predictable, bar one match, 21-1. Everything else has been a fucking snooze fest. The fan reaction to Bryan on top of the cage was sweet but everything else has been a fucking drag, I'm getting really tired of all the fakeness. And I don't mean fake wrestling, I mean, overly scripted, written-for-TV, corporate BS. Its like wrestling is dying, old-school style is anyway. This corporate BS seems to have no pay-off and no originality.

So yes OP, I agree with you, but most wrestling addicts probably are bored. I watch out of habit not out of enjoyment. :(
I thought mine was quite well written but you have just pissed on my chips

1 - 20 of 56 Posts