Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Not really doing much on the singles scene and the distinct lack of tag-teams sounds the only plausible reason. It won't last just something to pass the time and hopefully Drew is able to add tag titles to his CV.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Yeah, I thought it was pretty random that they were paired together, but I think it was just a way to put Christian and Hardy together

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, I thought it was pretty random that they were paired together, but I think it was just a way to put Christian and Hardy together
This. They'll probably have one of the two teams pick up the Tag Titles at NoC, and then have the 4 of them fued for a while.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I don't like it.
WWE doesn't realize that pairing up random tag teams with sub-main event stars will not improve the tag team
division. Creating stars from the young tag teams with consistent tag team matches on Raw, Smackdown, and PPVs
with solid storylines is the way to improve the division.
I miss the times when Tag team championships were competed between only the tag teams.. I mean way, way back
in the day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It does seem random I'll admit that. Yet I still see some potential in them being a team. They do have very distinct different personalities but that's a good thing in my eyes really. That being said I also think they have enough in common to where the feeling of them working together won't seem too awkward.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Is it just me or Cody always gets bland partners? (Hardcore Holly, Ted DiBiase Jr, Drew McIntyre)

Haha, i like this pairing though.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
They're both 'pretty boys' that aren't really doing anything else right now so the tag division may as well be padded for the time being. I'd much rather see both of them going for singles gold but as long as they stay relevant it's all good.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Is it just me or Cody always gets bland partners? (Hardcore Holly, Ted DiBiase Jr, Drew McIntyre)

Haha, i like this pairing though.
What you don't realize is that Cody was the bland partner in all those pairings. DUN DUN DUUUUUN!

I can just imagine McKintyre giving us gromming tips with his Scottish accent. :lmao
or...wedding tips :no:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Random? Sure, a little, but in some ways, it makes sense. They both aim to hurt people. They both have superiority complexes, and they're both trapped in a seemingly directionless midcard that could use some tag team credibility.

I like both performers, and seeing them as possibly a strong heel tag team (since the gatecrashers are already jobbing on Superstars for whatever reason, and I think I saw one of the Uso's working the DVD aisle in Walmart).

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
It makes sense the way they are making it out to be. They are suppose to be 2 young guys, with great futures, who want to help each other reach the top

I think they will give them the tag titles so they can be able to be on both shows and they can have more flexibility in how they use them and who they can feud with. Because WWE obviously like them and want to really push them

I don't think they will be just a straight up tag team tho. I think they will be allies helping each other in single feuds, who happen to be tag team champions. Kind of like RatedRKO

I would have liked a Ziggler and Rhodes pairing better tho. They seem more alike + i like Ziggler more than McIntyre :D

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
I don't like it.
WWE doesn't realize that pairing up random tag teams with sub-main event stars will not improve the tag team
division. Creating stars from the young tag teams with consistent tag team matches on Raw, Smackdown, and PPVs
with solid storylines is the way to improve the division.
I miss the times when Tag team championships were competed between only the tag teams.. I mean way, way back
in the day.
This.

And it's terrible putting Cody back into a team right when he is becoming Dashing.
The random teaming of stars is just so annoying.
There is so much potential on Smackdown that they could have gone with since the draft.
It didn't have to become the mess it is.

·
Premium Member
11,816 Posts
They should do a storyline where Rhodes steals Tiffany from McIntyre. Y'know, because he's dashing and all.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Well, Drew does need someone to keep him company following the Tiffany incident. So why not give him the most 'Dashing' guy you can find?

Moreover, I find referring to them as 'Drew and Dashing' incredibly odd.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts