Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Not at all. Learn some great stuff I never would've touched. Learnt how to construct proper lab reports and papers, expanded my mind.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I'm in college man, don't demotivate me like that lol.

More seriously, the college I am in really doesn't offer much in terms of variety in the field I'm in (Political science). By that I mean that my faculty regroups many bachelors, and each bachelors only has one class that varies.
Like someone who studies geography and me in political science, basically have the same classes for the first 3 years of our education.

·
Banned
249 Posts
That's the education system for you , lets face it its all brain washing its all propaganda and they get rather wealthy while doing it

Although if you have a degree in STEM, criminal justice, or agriculture

I find it very hard to believe that your diploma is completely useless

·
Premium Member
44,222 Posts
Depends on what your field is.

I mean if you're one of these types that majors in philosophy or social justice, I've got some bad news for you. A lot of that isn't going to help you in the real world.

But STEM fields and other areas of study can help line you up with a successful career down the road if you're smart about it.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
In high school and college, all the teachers and guidance counselors told me that college was so important for your future.

Today?

I'm a college graduate currently working full-time. Nothing I learned in college relates, even slightly, to my job duties (or to the job duties of my co-workers, including my supervisors).

Likewise, during the job hunt that lead to this job, I did around 5-6 interviews at various places. Not one person ever inquired about what I learned in college, nor did I ever feel that the material I learned was relevant to anything.

It seems to me that a college degree is just something that fulfills the requirement on a job ad; employers just want to see that you have one. I truly believe that college shouldn't be so necessary in a job search.
I am a college graduate also...and to be honest, I don't use my communications degree at all in my job as a director of quality assurance. In all honesty, I think my experience in the Army and the skills I obtained there helped me prepare more for my job and the real world.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The degrees are solid proof that you know what the hell you're talking about in that area. Don't devalue it, even if it didn't get you that dream job you were hoping for when you started studies.

-signed 9th grade drop out.

·
Banned
30 Posts
I think it is hard to find perfect educational sysytem. Truly say I think our educational system is good. I am college student and I study math. In the future i want to work as a teacher in public school. Sometimes I had problems with writing items like essays. In such cases I use help of writing services. I found them on review here https://paidpaper.net/

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Old thread, but here's my opinion: It entirely depends on what you go to school for and what your degree is. Some fields, there are slim pickings when it comes to jobs; while other flourish. I think Community College for the most part is a waste of time, and going to a 4 year University isn't 100% necessary to succeed in life and alot of times will just crush you in student loans. I don't know how many people I've met out here that went through an expensive 4 year University, graduated, and are a manager at a restaurant or retail because they haven't been able to find anything relating to their degree. It's a shame. Now, if you go and become a doctor, lawyer, nurse, teacher, or anything along those lines then you stand a good chance of finding something.

I went to a 2 year technical college and got certified to work in the electrical trade. It was probably the best decision I've ever made, because I have never had an issue with finding a job or getting interviews. There are ALOT of electrical/maintenance jobs out here that pay quite decent, and I love what I do which is the most important thing of all.

·
Epstein didn't kill himself
7,006 Posts
I've yet to use anything from my degree, except a little bit of investing. I just recently graduated however

·
Banned
2 Posts
I won't say that it was completely pointless but a lot of things that we did had no purpose in my opinion. The problem that was mentioned already is a huge amount of essays that we had to write. I used assignment writing help but a lot of my mates did everything on their won and they wasted tons of time.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

these spam accounts are actually quite funny, they start off like a real post then just casually plug their website towards the end. Slipping it in proper casual.

·
Premium Member
44,222 Posts
I regret thinking a 4 year degree was what I needed to do.
I should have went to a 2 year tech school right away instead of wasting time.
I kind of feel the same way. I got a 4 year degree in Political Science and I currently have a great career in Cyber Security. Had I gotten into Cyber Security much sooner, I would have been better off.

Looking back on it, I kind of wish I learned a trade like how to be a mechanic or something. In 4 years of college, I read a lot and learned how to analyze material, but I never really learned anything useful in the real world.

Unless you're going into a STEM field, there isn't much use to college, but society is brainwashed into thinking that everyone NEEDS that College degree.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts