Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty solid match I thought. Nice back and forth, several good spots, and was nice to see the Miz get booked for an actual win.

Danielson is the better wrestler, and people will say he carried Miz, but I think objectively Miz held up his side pretty well and did a nice job of selling Danielson's offense.

Anyways..

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
This question is like asking 'Do you tug it when you get a boner?'
I don't understand the comparison. I quite often stick mine in a part of the missus, or just not do anything with it.

Penises aside, I enjoyed the match greatly. Dragon and Miz just seem to have chemistry, it was a genius choice to pair them up on NXT and they've done nothing but help eachother ever since.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
I think people should put the notion that Miz can't wrestle to rest. He's been having good-great matches for months.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
I doubt they would have booked Bryan to beat Miz clean. It would only kill Miz's credibility even more. Not that he has any in the first place really.

I thought all the matches on Raw were quite solid this week. Punk/Cena was good, so was Miz/Bryan, Orton/Sheamus was good enough and the tag match to finish was decent and for once I thought the Diva's match WASN'T unwatchable. Refreshing change tbh.

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
It's always a joy seeing Miz beat that goof. I still can't get past the fact that he doesn't have a TV.

What a complete nerd.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
It was a great match. And Miz's neckbreaker on Bryan through the ropes to the outside was just awesome - it looked sick!

It was good seeing Miz get a clean win over a credible opponent as well. He's been crying out for something like that ever since winning the belt.

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
That would require me to not utilize the fast forward button when Miz comes on which I refuse to do. I am only watching half of Raw at this point by skipping Miz and Mexican JBL segments.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
I liked the match as well but there was already another thread about this fella....

·
Registered
783 Posts
It's always a joy seeing Miz beat that goof. I still can't get past the fact that he doesn't have a TV.

What a complete nerd.
Let me guess, Cole Miner?

The first half was good but not in the way that a back-and-forth match is good. Danielson carried the action, all Miz had to do was absorb it. Danielson made up for the blown spot with an EPIC knee drop off the top onto the floor.

The second half was classic "make the champ look strong before his big PPV match." Seriously, Danielson should've won the match like 3 times. A power bomb off the top rope and Miz kicks out? I know people have been kicking out of this move forever now but...

Then Danielson nails him at point blank range with a kick to the back of the head and Miz kicks out again! There was one other spot where Danielson had just kicked Miz in the chest like 20 times and Miz shrugged it off like he was John Cena on PCP and executed a schoolboy on Brian.

I know it's wrestling but it's crap like this that makes me hate being a wrestling fan. It makes grown-ups roll their eyes and go, "Come on! Like he'd really kick out after THAT!" It's the nature of the business unfortunately. Oh for the days when high spots were reserved for pinfalls!

I would have preferred Miz stayed true to his character which is a sneaky cheater who needs to use shortcuts to win. I thought Riley should've gotten involved more. I don't understand booking Miz as an invincible fighting champion. To me that just contradicts the appeal of his character.

As a whole, Danielson's offense looked sick as hell (as it usually does) which made the match exciting, but the multiple impossible kickouts by the Miz ruined the overall experience for me.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I don't understand booking Miz as an invincible fighting champion. To me that just contradicts the appeal of his character.
Beating a midcarder in a ten minute match while you're the WWE Champion is being booked as an invincible fighter?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Beating a midcarder in a ten minute match while you're the WWE Champion is being booked as an invincible fighter?
Everybody and their sister knows that Danielson is the best wrestler in the company and can make anybody look like a million dollars. Anyone who can overcome his offense to win cleanly is automatically elevated in the fans' eyes (the WWE Universe anyway).

You've GOT to be able to see that this match was not for Daniel Bryan. It was for the Miz. How many times has he won cleanly in his career over anyone who is taken seriously? It doesn't matter if Bryan is a midcarder or an opener, once he gets in the ring and unleashes hell on his opponent, when that opponent comes back and beats him, he gains instant respect because everyone could see that he took some serious punishment (speaking kayfabe-wise of course).

I'm saying all this as a guy who used to be a fan of the Miz. I wanted him to beat John Cena so badly when they had their first feud. I'm not crazy about how he's being pushed now but I'm no worshipper of Daniel Bryan. But you'd have to be blind not to see that the guy's offense is the best in the 'E'.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I said it before I'll say it again "the best match of the night" I hope they go ahead and start pumping up the US division if the WWE didn't have a reason before DB has given them one now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Iwas greatly impressed with this weeks raw overall i thought it was one of the best booked raws in a very long time promos were good matches were good although seamus orton was a bit short but i really enjoyed it for a change and didnt find myself not caring for d first time in i dont no how long

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Any match with Bryan Danielson is enjoyable.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Top TV match. I was very impressed.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts