Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brodus Clay gets built up week after week to be buried by, of ALL people, The Big Show?

Especially after he shows some decent emotion other than the usual happy smiley shit.

I'm not actually a fan of Clay, in fact I like the gimmick but I don't care for it at all. BUT the problem I have is that Show took up about a quarter of the show, had a decent reaction for the first month of being a heel after being the super-happy face, yet ...

Has to basically force Clay to create a shovel out of his own shit and intestines, somehow dig a wide-fitting hole 6 feet deep, lay in there and cover himself with dirt.

TL;DR Clay has an 18-0 win-loss record and gets buried for no reason by Big Slow.

·
Breaking kayfabe to get over.
1,377 Posts
Getting one beat down from the current top heel is not being "buried." I swear people throw that word around too much. A good example of what "buried" means is what has been happening to The Miz for a while now.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Clay was not buried last night at all. He got to stand up to Big Show backstage and then got hit by a spear which took him off his game. Clay is still undefeated and will be fine.

I do find it funny though that they are building Big Show up AGAIN to get beat by Cena for the 100th time.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
funk had to "lose" sometime. most of those victories were over the likes of JTG, hawkins, slater and all those jobbers.
i was getting bored of brodus doing the same match every week. i like him and it's good to see clay be in an actual storyline, albeit a short one.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
He was attacked prior the match and this is the only time he was taken down over last 5 months, and the person that took him out is the same guy that took out John freakin Cena.

Wow what a burial, take out the shovels everyone.

:punk2

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
It felt thrown together. Brodus wasnt burried. He still has his streak, which was the only surprise. Cole was setting up for him to loose it. I think Cenas no show wasnt planned.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Would not be suprised if they have an actual match next week with Cena costing Show the match.

Or it could be a tag team match between Cena/ Clay v Tensai and Show.

Either way he didn't get buried. Really this is first time they actually used him in a good spot and they weren't going to have him bury a freshly turned Show whose facing John Cena.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Anytime a wrestler loses, and someone doesn't agree with it...:buried

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
He actually got big time respect from me doing that backstage scene and the ME. He was apart of a very interesting segment that made big show look extremely dangerous.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
1) Brodus Clay was NOT buried.
2) His record is 22-0, not 18-0, were you not paying attention last night?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well he was not buried but he could at least show some ofensive moves to Big Show just one or two attacks that would make everyone think that he was going to beat the big show, and then the big show turn and destroy him.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Unless his name is Terry or Dory, there isn't a Funk in wrestling I care about. As for Brodus Clay, when he turns heel and starts wrecking real havoc, then I will be watching.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Brodus wasn't close to buried. His streak is still intact and I'm glad Show didn't end it because it seems like they're going to make a fairly big deal out of whoever is the first guy to beat him. Giving it to Show, who's just being built up to put Cena over is silly.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Kinda thought Brodus should have put up more of a fight tbh. I mean come on, Show is on his last leg of his career and he can still easily beat up a huge guy like Brodus? What does that say about him...

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
The backstage segment with Big Show-Brodus actually seemed good. Brodus didn't look out of place at all, which is something surprising considering he's never really faced anyone that was really that much of a threat to him.

That's a good sign for Brodus, hopefully WWE does utilize him more, cause with Henry out, and Big Show probably gonna retire soon(since wwe did give him his WM moment,wouldn't do that for no reason at all), they need a new big guy who is over with fans.

·
Registered
36 Posts
actually its 18-0 if u count the nxt loss, i heard
not fully sure

1 - 20 of 42 Posts