Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get me wrong, Austin is one of my all time favourites, but after seeing the epic return of The Rock, and the great faceoff between the Game and Taker, tonight just seemed a bit...ordinary.

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well put it this way, I'd have loved a bit more mic time for him.

· SWAG/SPICE
43,122 Posts
Not underwhelmed, he raised hell, and so far thats 3 owns on Michael Cole 1 by Jericho 2 by The Rock, and tonight made it 3, the final own will be at MANIA. But seeing JBL really was more overwhelming then Austin seeing as I haven't seen the guy in a long time.

· Registered
5,737 Posts
I'm raising my hand.

It seemed to me the whole thing was just thrown together and not thought out enough. I'm not a "Stone Cold" fan or anything, but I used to like "Steve Austin' because he could actually wrestle if he was called to do so. Before he was fired from WCW there was talk of him being the next Ric Flair.

This spot just didn't ...pop..for me.

· Registered
196 Posts
I know what you mean thethunder. It was pretty cool and it was great to see him, but all he's really doing is guest reffing a gimmicky sideshow match.

Would have preferred to see him get involved in a greater capacity.

· Registered
2,680 Posts
Gimme a "Hell Naw!"

Nah, it was perfect. Arrive, raise hell, leave until Wrestlemania. Simple, nostalgic, and effective. Much better than what they're currently doing with Rocky, that's for sure.

· Registered
163 Posts
I'd have to disagree man, at first I thought after Austin signed the contact, that it was over. But when he poured beer all over Michael Cole not once, but TWICE! That definitely made it for me!

· Banned
4,461 Posts
Gimme a "Hell Naw!"

Nah, it was perfect. Arrive, raise hell, leave until Wrestlemania. Simple, nostalgic, and effective. Much better than what they're currently doing with Rocky, that's for sure.
LMAO

· Registered
7,101 Posts
Austin's appearances have been underwhelming since he retired from full-time wrestling. It just becomes so predictable.

Arrive, stunner somebody, drink beer, piss some heel off, then leave. Rinse, and repeat over and over again until it loses all impact.

· Registered
57 Posts
It actually went better than I expected. I fully expected him to show up and talk about Tough Enough and that's it. A little more time on the mic would have been better but I enjoyed it, and now we know he is going to be involved in a match at Wrestlemania.

· Registered
2,035 Posts
prediction after the king win, Austin shares a beer with the King then stuns him to the delight of the crowd. Thats never happened before either :rolleyes:

· The Man Comes Around
8,805 Posts
Jesus.... when Austin and The Rock are away from the WWE people are like " it was better before... the attitude era was the shit " and when they comeback people are on some uninterested mood like "wow the same line he said in 1997... he still drink beer "

IWC is never happy

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.