Wrestling Forum banner

Anyone dreading The Fiend losing the Title to Roman?

2181 Views 45 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Prescott1189
It's heading that way eventually, If it's inevitable I wouldn't do it until WM after Bray has had a strong run going over Braun, Bryan etc, Roman wins the RR and wins the Universal Title at WM, Sounds pretty straight forward to me.

Rather not have it this way but it's better than forcing him to lose it sooner.
It's heading that way eventually, If it's inevitable I wouldn't do it until WM after Bray has had a strong run going over Braun, Bryan etc, Roman wins the RR and wins the Universal Title at WM, Sounds pretty straight forward to me.

Rather not have it this way but it's better than forcing him to lose it sooner.
See more
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

I bite and throw chairs and rescue dogs
19,602 Posts
I'm not convinced that it's going to be Roman. Think about why they put the belt on bray in the first place? Cause his the hottest hand. Vince never does that. I think in some ways his soured on Roman. Not counting the Sheamus cash in, Romans given up the title twice due to unfortunate circumstances. His moved him to smackdown, his basically never given him a clean win over Lesnar. His literally the new triple h.

It's more likely Cain vakasquez. Sure his as injury prone as Roman but his got mainstream appeal

· The Ghost of WF
What's the point of being VIP when there's no P's to see me being VI?
25,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not convinced that it's going to be Roman. Think about why they put the belt on bray in the first place? Cause his the hottest hand. Vince never does that. I think in some ways his soured on Roman. Not counting the Sheamus cash in, Romans given up the title twice due to unfortunate circumstances. His moved him to smackdown, his basically never given him a clean win over Lesnar. His literally the new triple h.

It's more likely Cain vakasquez. Sure his as injury prone as Roman but his got mainstream appeal
Vince puts the Title on whoever he likes it isn't always the logical route he will take, Jinder, Khali, Swagger etc were not over one bit yet put the Title on them out of favoritism or some stupid marketing strategy.

I bite and throw chairs and rescue dogs
19,602 Posts
Vince puts the Title on whoever he likes it isn't always the logical route he will take, Jinder, Khali, Swagger etc were not over one bit yet put the Title on them out of favoritism or some stupid marketing strategy.
He didn't have another billionaire to keep him honest in those times. I'm not saying that Romans never going to hold another title. I'm saying that he can't risk unrest and do what he wants as often as he does so blatantly

· The Ghost of WF
What's the point of being VIP when there's no P's to see me being VI?
25,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He didn't have another billionaire to keep him honest in those times. I'm not saying that Romans never going to hold another title. I'm saying that he can't risk unrest and do what he wants as often as he does so blatantly
Oh totally, The Fiend should be his wake up call if he wants people genuinely interested and stop pushing company favorites when they are not fit for the role in the long term.

How long until Vince reverts back to his old typical routine is still in question, It will always be his Wants over ours.

· youtube/BareFootTuna
3,871 Posts
If I'm honest, Roman has more character/charisma than the majority of the roster. Simply because almost everyone else is just a guy who "wanted to be a pro wrestler when they grew up." In some months it would be fine for him to beat The Fiend. But Roman winning another Rumble is boring and disastrous for the WWE. They can make the match happen without the Rumble win. Ultimately, it kind of doesn't matter anymore. The product is all over the place. I stopped caring and watching regularly. Nothing they do, good or bad, is going to make me return.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Of course, and if Brock and Seth aren't on SmackDown, Roman is the only option they'll allow (He absolutely should not lose to Seth, for the record. What a bad idea that is.). I'm more worried about it specifically happening at WrestleMania than otherwise, though. As long as he holds it past WrestleMania like AJ Styles did and gets that elusive win that he's lacking, then I'm not as worried. Of course he probably will lose it at WrestleMania, and granted, now until WrestleMania is a pretty damn good length of time, that's not the issue, but he does need to not be on a Mania losing streak.

I still think Vince is gun shy about using Roman in case his cancer comes back, but he'd probably still let him have one of his traditional short runs with the title. It's pretty much beyond reason that anybody else beats him. They're not gonna let Braun Strowman or Daniel Bryan beat a character at this level.

· Registered
7,145 Posts
Of course, and if Brock and Seth aren't on SmackDown, Roman is the only option they'll allow (He absolutely should not lose to Seth, for the record. What a bad idea that is.). I'm more worried about it specifically happening at WrestleMania than otherwise, though. As long as he holds it past WrestleMania like AJ Styles did and gets that elusive win that he's lacking, then I'm not as worried. Of course he probably will lose it at WrestleMania, and granted, now until WrestleMania is a pretty damn good length of time, that's not the issue, but he does need to not be on a Mania losing streak.

I still think Vince is gun shy about using Roman in case his cancer comes back, but he'd probably still let him have one of his traditional short runs with the title. It's pretty much beyond reason that anybody else beats him. They're not gonna let Braun Strowman or Daniel Bryan beat a character at this level.
John Cena perhaps?

· Registered
1,612 Posts

I still think Vince did it as a Halloween stunt and as a revert he will go back to his favourites aka Roman or Seth as the champ at the earliest time possible..But since Seth's booking is that the Fiend couldn't be beaten, I am gonna go with Roman with the single Superman punch :vince

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Would much prefer Fiend (c) vs Reigns than Lesnar vs Reign again. Reigns vs Bray hasn't happened in a while so it's fresh-ish. If Reigns wins, then hopefully it's one of those times where he has to hit multiple superman punches and Spears and not just win via 1 of each.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
John Cena perhaps?
John Cena as the world champion? John Cena is done with WWE. I guess I could see it just to get to the 17'th world title, but he'd have to lose it immediately and there isn't a MITB briefcase around. I can't even see Cena sticking around for one more PPV after WrestleMania.

No, Roman is beating him, or Seth wins it at WrestleMania and "conquers his demons" or whatever they'll call it.

· Registered
485 Posts
I don’t mind Roman being the one to beat him.

At least Roman is a legit strong booked star and the match will draw .

Or do you really prefer him to lose it to
Some nobody or a midget like Balor or Richoshet?

Roman and Wyatt have history together plus Wyatt took the title from his buddy Seth so the story for WM writes itself .

Whoever beats Wyatt should be a consistently strong booked character so it doesn’t look like Wyatt loses to a geek and Roman is currently the only one that fits in that description

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.