Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If he can improve on his mic skills he is definitely someone who deserves a title run. He can make anyone one look good in the ring and puts on amazing matches. He has held every belt in TNA now.

Multiple time tag champ with the British Invasion, multiple time X-Division champ and TV champ.

A title feud between him and AJ would be a big draw, could also help if the tour back in UK.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Im the biggest Doug Williams supporter you can find but unless he improves on looks(body building is his favourite pastime belive it or not) and mic skills like i know he can, a main event push will fizz quickly

for a workrate monkey he has shown willingness to improve externaly but he needs to pick up the pace, it didnt take him long to get both midcard belts, he could very well become another Carlito

Reactions: PuBSTaR GaMiNG

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
The problem is that he's 38 so it may be too late to push him to that level. He has the in-ring talent and, with a manager, could get there but it would be more sensible to use him as an upper mid-carder to help the next generation come through.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Hell yeah! Williams would be awesome as champ.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
I think they should book him just like they did Benoit before he won the belt.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I was thinking he reminds me of a Benoit as well. The chaos theory is probably my favorite finisher in TNA right now. If he can just pick up a really good submission finisher and leave the chaos theory for the surpprise win, he'll have me every time. That move is sick. I think he'd fit well in a heavyweight title hunt.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Is Williams talented enough to be seen as a relevant contendor for the World title? Absolutely.

Should he be in the World title scene? Yes.

Could he pull off being World champion? I believe so.

Will he ever get a World title shot? It's possible, probaly not a 1 on 1 match, but I could see him being involved in a king of the mountain match or some sort of multi man championship bout.

Will he ever actually become World champion? No chance in hell.

The guy is up there in age and he has never been seen or used as anything more than a midcard guy. As much as I like Williams and as much potential I see in him when it comes to being a World champion, I just don't see him being the World champion in TNA. I just don't think TNA are invested enough in him or are even interested in becoming interested enough in him to give Williams the title, which is a real shame.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I don't see it for him to be World Champ. Fine midcarder, great worker, but I don't see him being that high up there.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
too small to be a world champion in mainstream wrestling unfortunately. if he had better mic skills like undeniably great mic skills to rely on maybe it could happen. i think his mic skills are decent enough to be a champion, but they don't warrant it despite his size. plus someone brought up the age factor.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Too old and while he is a good allround talent he lacks the mainevent presence or feel to him

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
He doesn't have main event level talent. He's not on Benoit's level in the ring. He's good, but he's not in that all time great category, sorry.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
The problem is that he's 38 so it may be too late to push him to that level.
What exactly has TNA ever done to make you think that'd be a problem?

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Doesn't really prove shit. RVD got the strap at 40. TNA just has a hardon for ex-WWE/WCW guys and has no love for the guys that they've "made" themselves.
That;s what I was getting at really. It's actually worse for Doug than it was for Daniels, he was 38 when they released him but he'd obviously been with the company for years, Doug was 37 when he made his tv debut.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A year ago I would have said no. But I personally think TNA is playing hard right now to their European audience (an audience far stronger than their American one) and I think it is very possible that they could book this to happen. He's clearly the Brit they trust most to push heavily.

Rumors of a British PPV have been floating around for some time after all.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Since 2007, when TNA droped the NWA title and had their own World Heavyweight Championship the only 2 wrestlers to hold the belt that hadn't made there start in WCW, WWE, or ECW are AJ Styles and Samoa Joe.

Since TNA has more guys who use to be in those 3 companies than ever before, his chances are slim to none.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I don´t know if it will happen, but I´d love to see it. Williams is my favourite TNA wrestler after Kurt Angle.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i could see him possibly getting a title run someday. i don't think it would necessarily last long but he could sneak a world tna title in there if the british invasion makes a come back and starts pushing their weight around. then it could work out pretty decent.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts