Wrestling Forum banner

Anybody Miss Sheamus Being Relevant?

7933 Views 110 Replies 88 Participants Last post by  Samford_Says
I do. Miz and Punk as top heels is getting too predictable. Anything involving Punk will just end in the usual Nexus gang attack. Anything involving The Miz will end in an Alex Riley sneak attack.

At least with Sheamus, there's no telling how it'll go. Sometimes he wins clean, sometimes dirty. One day he might squash Zack Ryder, the next he might lose straight up to John Morrison. And most important is that there's no lame run-ins. He wins or loses on his own.

The buddy system is getting tired. I don't mind Punk or Miz being at the top. But both at the same time, with their current gimmicks, is not working. I want Sheamus to be relevant again. Not necessarily champion, but in a major feud.

How about you?
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

· Registered
2,673 Posts
I agree with the OP, I miss him.

Sheamus is one of the few heels in the WWE today with a legit badass look to him. No disrespect to Punk, Miz, ADR and the like, but none of them have that "OMG, he's here! Somebody's in trouble!" look about them, which Sheamus has in spades.

Trips' untimely absence has really left Sheamus out in the cold, which seems to prove that the WWE never really had any plans for him in the first place.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
The Miz? More talented than Sheamus? Right.
In the areas that matter, yes. That's why he's main eventing WrestleMania and Sheamus is off jobbing like a fool against Morrison.

I agree with the OP, I miss him.

Sheamus is one of the few heels in the WWE today with a legit badass look to him. No disrespect to Punk, Miz, ADR and the like, but none of them have that "OMG, he's here! Somebody's in trouble!" look about them, which Sheamus has in spades.

Trips' untimely absence has really left Sheamus out in the cold, which seems to prove that the WWE never really had any plans for him in the first place.
No, it's Wade Barrett that has that look. Sheamus looks like Bozo the clown.

· Registered
3 Posts
I think Sheamus should and probably would become "relevant" maybe when Triple H gets back and you never know they might continue what they started and if that happens Sheamus would probably turn heel..King Sheamus vs The king of kings :)

· Celestial Messiah
38,520 Posts
In the areas that matter, yes. That's why he's main eventing WrestleMania and Sheamus is off jobbing like a fool against Morrison.

No, it's Wade Barrett that has that look. Sheamus looks like Bozo the clown.
One is main eventing Wrestlemania because he was pushed right. Sheamus wasnt.

If anything Sheamus is one of the best pure talents in the WWE today. No weak points.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
One is also pushed right because he's better. Sheamus isn't.

No weak points? He's all weak points. Clown look, terrible mic skills, bad wrestling. I'll give him that he's got some charisma. Not overwhelming, but perhaps in 3 or 4 years he'll figure out how to channel it into something good. As of now he's awful.

· Registered
3,567 Posts
He is fine for now, he is an established main eventer when ever the WWE needs him to be, yeah i miss him winning he looks like joke right now, it would make lot of sense if morrison were feuding with the miz right now since morrison defeted sheamus, but there are years ahead for this, i wouldnt worry to much . - lobster heads unite - lol

· Registered
8,606 Posts
He was always going to take a back seat for a while. He's had a fairly sucessful year and a bit for a new guy. 2 time champion, King of the Ring and "retiring" Triple H so it would have been hard to keep all the momentum going non-stop.
Plus others have come through so he takes a back seat while thats happening (Nexus, Morrison, Miz). It fairly obvious WWE see big things in him.

· Celestial Messiah
38,520 Posts

No weak points? He's all weak points. Clown look, terrible mic skills, bad wrestling. I'll give him that he's got some charisma. Not overwhelming, but perhaps in 3 or 4 years he'll figure out how to channel it into something good. As of now he's awful.
His look helps him stand apart, he gets little mic time but keeps getting better, and he's already one of the WWE's best workers. Far exceeding Miz. His fighting style and psychology are both top notch. Even in his match against Orton in the Cell, he basically carried the SOB to a great match.

He's very, very good. The WWE just need to figure out what to do with him.

· Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,508 Posts
As a worker, he's up there on Raw.

But if WWE weren't gonna put the WWE machine behind him, than he should have not won the title. Was a waste of a reign.

WWE likes to make it as though anybody can win a world title. People shouldn't be thinking that buts it hard not to.

· Registered
3,567 Posts

HE cant fucking help it he was born like that u.u

· HOPE
18,892 Posts
Yeah, I miss Sheamus being up in the main event, although he seems to have feuded with all of the top guys on RAW already. With that said, he's a great talent. He's one of the better mic workers in the 'E, especially for a rookie, has a very intimidating and unique look (funny, I wonder if people who disagree would like running into him in an alley?) and is pretty damn good with his bullying style in the ring. One of the best youngsters in the WWE.

Okay, that means Sheamus must be more talented than Christian because he was higher up the card than him last year. Unless, of course, you're only going to have your logic apply where you like.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.