Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm most definitley not his biggest fan but he did a great job of selling the feud, didn't like how he was making himself out to be the underdog as it makes me feel he's going over but combined with Brock's interview it did a great job of getting me incredibly hyped for extreme rules.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I think Cena over talks too much. About 1/4 of every promo he does is completely unnecessary, imo. Just gonna throw that out there.

But as for the rest of the promo, it seemed fine to me. I don't really care for the feud though.

·
Banned
390 Posts
Boring, Lame and redudant promo every week from cena. Fuck him. Utter bore.

"I will fight" "I will fight" Same old shit!!

Cant believe 8 yrs later, we are still forced to watch this clown all over the show. Fuck vince for failing to build a new top face. Fuck wwe. Fuck TNA too.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I enjoyed it. Seems to be a little different. Would like to see what direction his character goes these next few weeks and post ER.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Same old shit. That's all he ever does. I've yet to find a Cena promo that I've actually liked yet. Outside of his "Raps" and a few promos from late 2004-early 2005, there's nothing really of note honestly.

It's a shame when the face of the company for the last 8 years is being talked about in this manner. It really is.

·
Banned
390 Posts
I enjoyed it. Seems to be a little different. Would like to see what direction his character goes these next few weeks and post ER.

OMG! Not this shit again.

What direction? The same direction his character went when Kane was forcing him to EMBRACE THE HATE until he got buried in the ambulance match.

Cena is truly the justin beiber of Pro-wrestling. He is killing the industry.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
It was a good promo but I've heard it like 2 or 3 times already. It's practically identical to promos he's done in the past and I say that as a huge Cena fan.

·
Registered
420 Posts
He talked up Brock Lesnar (like a bitch). Said he'd fight him, like we didn't all ready know that. Nothing special.

·
Banned
390 Posts
And the sad part is, Fans refuse to do something about it.

people booing cena or chanting cena sucks should, atleast for once, stop buying the PPV that he headlines. That would send a clear message to Vince but ofcourse mindless sheep are not going to stop buying ppvs & his merch for that matter.

We are witnessing the death of Pro-wrestling.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
And the sad part is, Fans refuse to do something about it.

people booing cena or chanting cena sucks should, atleast for once, stop buying the PPV that he headlines. That would send a clear message to Vince but ofcourse mindless sheep are not going to stop buying ppvs & his merch for that matter.

We are witnessing the death of Pro-wrestling.
fpalm
Why does everyone over react to Cena?

Look, if he's that bad, why don't you stop watching completely? Everyone who thinks Cena is cancer should stop watching altogether and we normal people can watch the viewers drop by one every quarter million.

·
Banned
390 Posts
Normal people? Anyone who enjoyes cena's character in 2012 shouldnt call themselves "NORMAL".

The guy is as stale as stale can be. Good worker though, I will give him that.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
fpalm
Why does everyone over react to Cena?

Look, if he's that bad, why don't you stop watching completely? Everyone who thinks Cena is cancer should stop watching altogether and we normal people can watch the viewers drop by one every quarter million.
Because people are wrestling fans. There are still wrestlers they like to see like Jericho, Punk, Lesnar, Rock, Bryan, Ziggler, etc..... That's why people don't stop watching. People need to criticize Cena. He's been a stale character for years, with pretty weak promos, yet he's PUSHED as the face of the company. I won't say the "death" of pro-wrestling, but it's pretty bad,

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
Because WWE is the only real wrestling product around so if you are a wrestling fan you pretty much just have to put up with it, WWE knows this and that's why there is a lot of resentment towards Cena. They know it, Cena knows it and that's probably why he always has a stupid smile on his face because no matter how much people boo and complain they aren't going anywhere. If WCW was still around and going head to head with WWE then it would be a very different story, when you have a monopoly on something you can do whatever you damn well please

But anyway on-topic, no I didn't think it was good as it was just your typical Cena rise above hate never give up always fight promo that he has been cutting every week for god knows how long

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
It was alright, Cena's "serious" promos usually are alright and last night's was no different.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
People need to stop over-critiqing Cena's promos for real, it got to the point and it sold the feud, that's what it was suppose to do. Not all promos are about catch phrases, or disses, or "worked shoots" you know.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
His Promo are great for the last couple of months

1 - 20 of 67 Posts