Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching tonight's Raw, I have a feeling he's going to be involved. First Survivor Series for him since Montreal, the idea of a potential "screwjob" by Cena, I don't know, I feel like he's going to have a part in it. Thoughts?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
No. There won't be a screwjob either. What will happen is Cena will get so fed up with Barrett barking orders at him during the match that he'll attempt to flatten Barrett with something, and it'll backfire and he'll hit Orton by mistake. Barrett will cover and Cena will count to 3 with a huge scowl on his face, thus remaining in the WWE and remaining face.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wondering, he's been competing lately, even if it's a useless 6 man tag match, he's seemingly been improving his in ring work since his return (although it's still minimal at best, and for his standards, horrid). I hope he has some part in Survivor Series though, it would be a shame to bring back Bret and not involve him in the PPV that subsequentally ended his career in the WWF.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. There won't be a screwjob either. What will happen is Cena will get so fed up with Barrett barking orders at him during the match that he'll attempt to flatten Barrett with something, and it'll backfire and he'll hit Orton by mistake. Barrett will cover and Cena will count to 3 with a huge scowl on his face, thus remaining in the WWE and remaining face.
So in other words, what else is new? I know swerve's are tired and more or less a commodity in TNA at this time, but maybe, just maybe, Vince and co. can put their creative juices to work just this one time and turn the show inside out rather then give us the same bland crap we've been used to for the past so years.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Just wondering, he's been competing lately, even if it's a useless 6 man tag match, he's seemingly been improving his in ring work since his return (although it's still minimal at best, and for his standards, horrid). I hope he has some part in Survivor Series though, it would be a shame to bring back Bret and not involve him in the PPV that subsequentally ended his career in the WWF.
Yeah, because I'm sure he's dying to re-live the memories. :rolleyes:

So in other words, what else is new? I know swerve's are tired and more or less a commodity in TNA at this time, but maybe, just maybe, Vince and co. can put their creative juices to work just this one time and turn the show inside out rather then give us the same bland crap we've been used to for the past so years.
Well, if it was me booking, Barrett would just squash Orton. I like that idea better.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts

So basically, Summerslam 1997 all over again.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pyro™;9048816 said:
Yeah, because I'm sure he's dying to re-live the memories. :rolleyes:

Well, if it was me booking, Barrett would just squash Orton. I like that idea better.
He never seemed hesitent in all those years he spoke up about it to the public, wrestling with shadow's, his entire build up in his 2010 return up to Wrestlemania. It's a prop now, it's an angle, and as real as it was then, it's become an iconic moment in wrestling history that changed the industry, and the WWF in particular, forever. Not saying he doesn't still have resentful and bitter feelings, I don't know him personally so I wouldn't know. The fact that he's been as involved as he has been this year in the WWE is testament to the fact that he has forgave and forgotten. Granted, the moment will be frozen in the annauls of time forever, it doesn't mean the future can't be repaired through the ideology of forgiveness. Besides, it would be a great way for him to end the year, on the PPV that literally changed his career and the career decisions of Vince McMahon forever. So be it, you don't like the idea, that's your opinion, I'm sure there are plenty of fans who would be pleasantly surprised to see him at the PPV.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Bret Hart? Bret Hart? In this match?

Sure. The whole match will be one long trip down Survivor Series memory lane.

Early on in the Barrett/Orton match, Ric Flair and a group of aged cronies shows up (2006), ready to take over the WWE! However, Team WWE rushes the ringside area (2001) and battles the invaders. While Cena is on the outside trying to force everyone away from the ring, Flair slips a chair into the ring (1991) for Barrett to perform the Wasteland, only for Orton to counter with a backbreaker. Cena returns and kicks the chair away, and Team WWE clears Flair’s gang from ringside. Bret Hart “rushes” to ringside and fights Flair to the back.

The action gets out of control and heads for the backstage area. As they brawl to the parking lot, Rikishi grazes Cena with his car (1999), declaring that "I did it...for da Rock" for all of Cena's threats toward Rock. As Rikishi gets back into his car, Stone Cold Steve Austin shows up, picks up Rikishi's car with a forklift (2000), and dumps it into the nearby Atlantic. Orton and Barrett fight back to the ring with Cena in tow.

Out of nowhere, a casket appears on the stage and The Undertaker emerges (2005), ready for revenge on the Nexus! Before he can even leave the stage, however, Sycho Sid tosses off his cameraman disguise and waffles Undertaker with the camera (1996), knocking him back into the casket! Sid wheels the casket down to ringside, but before he can interfere, the Anonymous Raw GM emails Michael Cole and declares that, to prevent any further ridiculous interference, the Hell in a Cell structure be lowered (2007). Sid leaves the casket behind.

The match carries on inside the cell, and just as Orton prepares to deliver an RKO on top of the casket…the casket shakes! Orton heaves Barrett back into the ring and follows him, and the casket pops open to reveal…Vince McMahon, still dressed in his hospital robe! McMahon sits right up, enters the ring, and gives Orton a low blow! Barrett delivers four consecutive Wastelands, locks on the Sharpshooter (1997), and when Orton passes out, Cena is forced to ring the bell! McMahon takes the microphone and declares Barrett the new Corporate Champion, and they embrace! (1998)

In short, can we just leave the past in the past? And that includes both the Montreal Screwjob and Bret Hart himself.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts

Wouldn't be surprised by this really. Ironic that it's also how Bret last won the WWE title, pretty much.

Either way - we all have an opinion about how this is gonna go down - but I can't say Bret ever factored into my predictions.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Lately? When was the last time he actually competed? Moreso, has he even taken a bump in the few matches he's had since returning? In short, I don't think this has even crossed the mind of creative, because Bret has absolutely nothing to do with Orton or Cena, and the connection to Barret is a stretch at best (since the limo thing, but that was way too long ago to make sense as an angle now.)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I take a lot of pride in calling myself a fan of Bret Hart.

But this is 2010,Bret is a stroke survivor[hats off to him for fighting his demons]and if Bret were to be involved in any of the future storylines,only bad things will happen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts