Wrestling Forum banner

Anybody else notice Austin's middle fingers being censored?

1985 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Until May
Is it me, or when Austin came out and did he whole middle finger in the air thing, the cameras just happened to pan to a certain angle that you couldn't see them? And it happened multiple times.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Is it really a big deal? If you weren't looking for something to bitch about, you wouldn't have even noticed.

· Banned
37 Posts
Haha, I noticed it. I didn't notice that they were actually trying to censor it, since they have become a bit more leniet on their censoring in the recent weeks.

· Banned
4,531 Posts
I did notice it. But I'm also pretty sure that Austin hadn't even been doing the middle fingers in his most recent appearances, so it surprised me that he was doing them again.

That, plus all The Rock's cussing, plus even The Miz saying "ass" the other day makes me wonder if they are slowly moving away from PG. We'll see.

· Registered
18,863 Posts
Normally I'd say that WWE is censoring something even though its technically PG so there's no need, but in this case,it really wasn't PG.

I'm sure everyone knows the message that taunt is saying when Austin does it to someone, but even when WWE was 14+, at times they did censor Austin doing that(at least in canada) when it wasn't live. And even in many of WWEs video games which are ALWAYS rated T(meaning 13+), the camera zooms out alot during Austins taunt in the ring for his entrance so you don't really see the taunt.

· Registered
18,863 Posts
^That's not PG, and it's not WWE moving away from PG.

People are surprised about sudden things we're seeing in WWE(mostly with the rock-cena-miz feud), but technically what we've been seeing as of late IS PG. People were just so convinced that PG meant no swearing, no blood and stuff like that, they forgot that many tv shows they watch are also pg and these things happen on them.

It's having similar affect that it did in the 90s(not talking bout attitude era). It was PG, people thought PG was one thing, when seeing certain things on PGTV, they got shocked/excited cause they didn't think it was PG but technically it was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.