Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The whole thing is pretty stupid to me. Especially now that JBL put them on blast and basically told the audience its Primo and Epico. Not entertained by the little bull guy either, this is going to get old quick. Its like when Funkasaurus had squash matches on raw, it will eventually come to pass and they will be jobbing on superstars to the next guys they decide to push. And its pretty sad because Primo and Epico are solid wrestlers. Im just not sold on this gimmick. Its like half the time they want these guys with these shoot gimmicks and with first and last names but then they go off in left field with these wacky 90's gimmicks. i just think the colons would have had a better chance of making it had they stayed how they were but maybe with more attitude or something. I mean they already had one tag championship reign under their belts but now as the matador's thats all erased.. so it doesnt make any sense.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here. WWE made it worse by giving them the same opponents every week.
right and it has only been a few weeks since they debut but since they're fighting the same people every week it feels like i've seen this for months

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree 100% Chi Town. theres absolutely nothing intriguing about los matadores(sp?) and their little shit colored companion. I feel sorry for Primo and Epico they are someone pretty good workers.The gimmick will end soon......hopefully.....please.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Don't care for them at all tbh. They wont be a prominent tag team, and I dont see them being around in 6 months.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Why do suddenly, everybody cares about Primo and Epico and act like they are the greatest tag team today. NOBODY gave a shit about them before. That gimmick is great, it's entertaining, they can showcase their talents, they have a catchphrase. This is the best thing that could happen to them because let's admit it, most of the midcard talent like them NEVER have time to develop a character or a feud so if you want to make the crowd reacts, you better have a original look and gimmick and that's what they have. Wrestling shouldn't always be serious, they are here to give a little fun between two big moments and they are good at it

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why do suddenly, everybody cares about Primo and Epico and act like they are the greatest tag team today. NOBODY gave a shit about them before.
no one said they were the greatest, certainly not me. They were in a better position before this though. They'll be jobbing in 6 months tops

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
At least it's a better comedy gimmick than Tons of Funk, Santino and Fandango.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
Yea I seriously am not a fan. I wasn't going to judge these guys until I saw them and now I have actually seen them I feel its a very childish entertaining gimmick. The bull is just another Hornswoggle really, and the way Lawler and Cole talk about them is like they are the most easily impressed grown up children I have ever seen.

I am sure they will deliver some awesome matches in the future but I was hoping that their gimmick would be slightly less cringe worthy. Then again maybe that's just the old man in me talking, I am sure their demographic is aimed at the kids and thats great because they do need something like this time to time, but for me... meh :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Yeah this is comedy gimmick territory, and we all know how Vince "loves" to push comedy gimmicks. The WWE is really trying to steal the "Ole!" chant from Sami Zayn and give it to these guys, and that will backfire too.

Wrong Colon got fired.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
no one said they were the greatest, certainly not me. They were in a better position before this though. They'll be jobbing in 6 months tops
Better positions ? Even when they were champions, nobody cared. That gimmick is gold for them, it's the greatest that could happen to them because at least, they have personality and if they happened to be the face version of the 3MB, it would be great for them because that would mean that they are on TV every week.
I'm sure that before, they had potential to be a good heel tag team... but that was one year ago. Now, they already lost all their credibility. That gimmick is the best thing that could happen to them

·
Premium Member
44,198 Posts
Like I said, it is like Tito Santana's El Matidor gimmick meets Gobbeldy Gooker meets Mantaur.

Not a good mix.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Ehhh, it's a little over the top for me. But I kind of figured it would be like this coming in, just from the hype videos.

I think they'd be interesting if they had something to do other than beat 3MB each week. I think I saw their first 2 matches and I've skipped each one since.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Basically I'm only here for the midget bull.

WWE killed it having them face off with 3MB for like 3 straight weeks in a row.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
The WWE is really trying to steal the "Ole!" chant from Sami Zayn and give it to these guys, and that will backfire too.
this, if zayn gets them ole, ole chants when he's called up to the main shows u just know that wwe's puppets at commentary will probably stupidly say something like "the fans want the los matadores", especially king with his selective hearing when it comes to crowd chants

·
Registered
616 Posts
Their entrance kills me every time because it is so fucking stupid. It is supposed to be a awful gimmick because it is a comedy gimmick. I just find it so awful it is amusing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts