Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
724 Posts
These dives are such a joke. Choreographed acrobatic nonsense. Why TF would the dudes just stand there and catch the guy? It's another part of the indy style that is a complete cancer and turnoff to casual viewers. They take one look and think it looks ridiculously fake.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
for those who make it interesting and do it well, I dig it. Only Zayn, Usos, and Aries should be allowed to do dives.Remember when Cesaro almost broke his neck for no reason?

But as an exception, Orton should bust out a dive on the next title match.

·
Banned
724 Posts
for those who make it interesting and do it well, I dig it. Only Zayn, Usos, and Aries should be allowed to do dives.Remember when Cesaro almost broke his neck for no reason?

Orton should no-sell the next time someone tries to dive on him in a match. Just step aside and let the dude crash and burn.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These dives are such a joke. Choreographed acrobatic nonsense. Why TF would the dudes just stand there and catch the guy? It's another part of the indy style that is a complete cancer and turnoff to casual viewers. They take one look and think it looks ridiculously fake.

I'm so desensitized from overexposure that even when people who actually make it look good like the Usos and Zayn do it it doesn't even get a reaction out of me

To bad Neville doesn't do it anymore, man really could fly

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I was thinking the same thing during Raw last night. Right after Ambrose did one.

They are also playing the fuck out of Nakamuras entrance. He should only be doing it for matches. Not when he comes out for talking segments.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
The suicide dive is such a stupid move.

So many people un-naturally get in the proper position to be jumped on and of course grab them.

Like if you grabbed someone from a dive, wouldn't you do a promo writing off why you grabbed them, like that "it hurts less if you grab them and control their fall on you"...then again when they completely miss you but you drive to save them....

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Dives work. But it's really only to rev up the crowd or after properly built momentum.

Last good dive I saw was Fandango at Backlash. The crowd was beginning to come alive, and his dive just cemented it.

Unfortunately, in the WWE the setups look too obvious. That Breezango/Usos match, you didn't see it coming, and thats what made it fun!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Dives out of the ring used to be something special, where you might see it happen once a show. Now diving out of the ring is part of the skill set of over 50% of the wrestlers and they use it every single match. Every Ambrose match, every Rollins match, every Usos match... I can go on and on...

It's a move as common now as a neck breaker or suplex.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
What I hate is how everyone uses a superkick. I remember when Shawn would do the sweet chin music and it devastating. Not anymore.

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts
Hell yes. I hate that most wrestlers do it now. It got boring a long time ago. You'd never see The Undertaker do it unless it was for a big match.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts