Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Kenny first came to tna, I wanted to hate him. The way he left roh after agreeing to a handshake deal with Jim cornette I thought was an incredibly crappy way to do business. I'm not even a big roh fan.

I understood why he did it,I just think it's a poor way to. Do business.

But. Kenny quickly won me over, his promos are good, he's a sick bumper (just look at his match from lockdown) and he's a good worker. I'm convinced his match with Austin Aries a few weeks ago was his breakout performance.

That was a great match with king's bleeding, his work in the match, and being in the ring with Austin fucking Aries didn't hurt either.

So what do you guys think, is anybody as high on Kenny king as I am? I think Kenny could turn out to be one of the real sleeper bright spots on the roster, he could be a real big star. I see a lot of potential in him.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Yeah I pretty much followed the same exact route you did as far as hearing all the negative about what he did in ROH - I hardly keep up with Ring of Honor anymore so I never seen the guy work at all until he came to TNA. Call me an idiot, but the dude has the 'IT' thing that guys like Curtis Axel will never have in a million years. He's not a main event dude IMO, but he's super talented, has charisma & should be winning mid-card titles & tag titles in any company he works for. And TBH, he's got enough talent to be World title material, I just thing he might need a good gimmick to get that far. But that's not an insult, I'm a huge KK fan.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Personally I love the guy. I've heard of him, but never saw anything aside from his TNA work. I've like his heel work, and he's pretty decent in the ring. He does seem to stumble a bit during promos/matches but I'm still impressed nontheless.

Biggest thing I noticed though is his confidence and swagger. That's one of things I always subconsciously notice about new guys, how confident/believable they are. Ringwork/promos can always be improved, and I never expect a debuting guy to cut a promo like Punk/Bully Ray, or put on a 5 star match like Jericho or Aries. But if they seem like they believe in themselves, and you can tell they're busting their ass, I'll always give them my support.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
im a big Rhett Titus/All Night Express fan

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Huge Kenny King fan here, honestly think with the right gimmick and an updated look, he could push his way up the card and if he keeps getting better, force his way into the main event.

·
HEADBANGA
22,943 Posts
He's great on the mic. I thought they had something planned for him when he went at it on the mic with Aries but you know how neglectful TNA are with their talent.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I don't know why he got shafted from the Ultimate X match at BFG. It was weird how when they set the match up everyone who was out there got put in the match apart from King.

He has all the tools needed to be successful, they just don't seem overly interested in him at the moment.

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
I don't know why he got shafted from the Ultimate X match at BFG. It was weird how when they set the match up everyone who was out there got put in the match apart from King.

He has all the tools needed to be successful, they just don't seem overly interested in him at the moment.
Yeah that made no sense whatsoever, he starts a feud with Aries and it's dropped in a week, if they weren't gonna do Aries vs King, why not include him in the Ultimate X Match, heck make it a six man match, it's gonna be a clusterfuck anyways.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
He didn't start a feud with Aries. They had a confrontation on TV and immediately lead to a match.

They're probably planting the seeds for something down the track

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
KK is weird for me. I can acknowledge that he's pretty good in the ring and that he is also pretty good on the mic. But despite that, he just doesn't click with me - he doesn't have "it."

That said, maybe a new theme, a new gimmick and involvement in a decent feud would change that? I think a new gimmick is a must though, to be honest.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great talent would be nice future main eventer hopefully if they dont give him the same 2 week push like jay lethal than drop him back off tv

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I really like him. They should have an X Division feud with Manik. Have those 2 just go at it for a bit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts