Wrestling Forum banner

"Any WWE Superstar is prohibited from consuming alcohol within a 12 hour period

10K views 67 replies 56 participants last post by  #1Peep4ever 
#1 ·
So how do you explain Stone Cold Steve Austin? Or when Cena drank beer with Austin not too long ago to make him look cool? I can understand if Johnny came out and said that he just made this a rule, but how the hell does this make sense when Eve says she read it out of the official WWE rule book or whatever it was?

#26 ·
I'd buy that the rule exists, but is enforced only in a serious manner. E.g. someone shows up hungover to the point of not being able to work. This use of the rule is as a plot device to forward the narrative, whether real or not, just like the ignoring of the rules was beneficial in success of the Stone Cold character, as in the breaking of rules is what he was all about.

#35 ·
Not reading this whole thread, but was it not said "12 hours before a WWE Live event" ???? Austin drank at the end of his matches .... long time between then and the next event

JUST SAYING

Anyway lol @ gettin so worked up about this
Worked up? What the hell are you talking about? I don't care about it at all because everything is scripted, but I just thought it would make a good and lenghty thread and it has.

BTW, 12 hours before the event means until the whole event ends, not just the match. How dumb do you gotta be to figure that one out?

#4 ·
The "rule" probably has a certain limit. Just like how you can drive after drinking, just can't have alcohol level over a certain point.

It's era of "people power". Meaning people powered rulebook. Anything is possible. Rules will get changed more times in that rulebook than Laurinaitis says "people power"

#6 ·
Well you can explain it away as that all rules are bent in this company and that its up to the authority figure if he or she wants to enforce them or not. Also Eve said she had recently just did research on it and discovered it while everyone else seemed ignorant of it, as if to suggest that its just an old forgotten rule. If you look back at history even Vince was ignorant of some of his rulings. The whole runner up to the rumble back in 99 for instance.

#16 ·
Ha..Will always remember anytime Austin and Rock drank beer...Austin devouring it, Rock taking sips with a disgusted look on his face and then tossing it away...Hilarious

But yeah, this is WWE creative and the head of that department is Stephanie....Do you really need anymore explaining then that?

#18 ·
its a little something known as 'storyline', you might have heard of it.

#22 ·
1) It's in the Wellness Policy, which came in after Austin's run.
2) I assume drinking as part of your performance as is scripted is kosher
3) They only test you if they think you're already drunk. Austin didn't get drunk until the cameras were rolling and therefore couldn't be tested
4) Stop overanalysing you tit
5) As was noted, there's this little thing called non-alcoholic beer.

#29 ·
It will be one of those rules that's enforced within reason, and 12 hours, basically don't drink the day of the event, you can drink the night before ect, and those mentioning SCSA and others, that's keyfabe so therefore allowed, the whole reason behind it is so this does not happen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lckr9OLR2Ow
Also as an employer its up to WWE to ensure the safety to an extent of their staff, if WWE let someone in a ring who's not in a fit state and that person botches a move and injures someone then WWE sent them in there as it were.

#33 ·
OK it was just one line a scripted promo. But actually you can get penalized under the Welness Policy for consuming alcohol on the day of said wrestling event; house show, TV tapings, PPV.

And indeed it is to prevent stuff like the Jeff hardy debacle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.