Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Being What's Best For Business
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Benoit, Eddie, Owen, all come to mind but they were all faces at the time.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Owen was a heel when he died.

Reactions: mcc4374

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Lance Cade was a heel when he died as well.

And I am unsure about Test, I think he was during his ECW run but I could be wrong.

·
Banned
8,732 Posts
Owen was in the middle of a face turn wasn't he? Keep in mind he was wrestling as the blue blazer when he died, not 'enough is enough it's time for a change' Owen.

EDIT - Nope I was wrong. He was still a heel.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Umaga, Test and Lance Cade are the only guys I can remember recently.

Although I believe Test actually retired shortly after competing on the indys following his release.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Eddie Guerrero was not a face when he died. He had just come off the feud with Rey Rey if I remember correctly and he was in a feud with Batista where he was clearly sucking up to him so he could steal the world title. Sure he acted more face like, but I'd say his character was still very much heel. Hell, the whole storyline was Batista saying he couldn't trust Eddie.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Eddie Guerrero was not a face when he died. He had just come off the feud with Rey Rey if I remember correctly and he was in a feud with Batista where he was clearly sucking up to him so he could steal the world title. Sure he acted more face like, but I'd say his character was still very much heel. Hell, the whole storyline was Batista saying he couldn't trust Eddie.
He had a potential storyline with ken kennedy while he died. He just had a face turn and on the smackdown before his death he got hit with a chair by kennedy, dont think there would have been a swerve after that. He definitely was a face when he died.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Guerrero was in the midst of a turn, the fans had begun to enjoy his antics again and he had a very tweener like gimmick at the time, it was a heel gimmick that just got well over with the fans.

·
FAKE HAPPY
Born to lose, live to win
12,733 Posts
I'm sure Gary Albright died during a match at wXw as a heel.

A lot of Von Erich's died young during their acreers. There's a good chance, that some of them were heels.

A lesser known luchador rudo Sangre India died during a match on Christmas. At the time he was rudo (heel).

I'm sure Bruiser Brody was a heel, when he died.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Louie Spicolli died as a heel. Rick Rude was a heel manager when he died. I think Bobby Duncum Jr. was a heel when he died. I can't think of anyone else atm.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Benoit was a heel when he died. Feuding with a face CM Punk for the vacated ECW title.
Benoit was not a heel. Possibly he may have exhibited certain heel-like tendencies if he made it to the scheduled match, but thats highly debateable. Especially since he was tagging with Punk as a face team only 2 weeks earlier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.