Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
In typical WWE fashion, they do not announce when a talent got injured on their watch and is forced to retire immediately unless they happen to be a World Champion. In fact they deny it as much as they possibly can. They hide it for a few years, and then reveal it like Tyson Kidd, Jordan, etc.

I suspect once the statuette of limitations is passed for a potential lawsuit filing, both Tyson and Jordan will be released/fired.
I think with Kidd it was him holding out hope that he was able to wrestle that by the time he accepted that he couldn't it was way beyond his initial injury and people have somewhat forgotten about him. He also wasn't really anything more than a midcarder. Also I don't think they ever tried to hide Kidd's injury and retirement, they just didn't want to announce it long after his actual injury. Don't watch total divas but with Natalya, it was very likely a storyline on there.

I think Jordan is a similar issue where he actually hasn't accepted his retirement. Jordan seems to me to be the type where he can't just sit on the sidelines and feels like he needs to be involved in some capacity. Back in his amateur days, he stuck around as a coach for the younger amateur wrestlers immediately after he was done with it himself. It makes sense to me that he probably specifically asked to be made into a producer just so that he can contribute and be around as he heals up, in the hopes that he will one day heal up. So yeah, I don't believe he is actually retired.

And yeah, no. Kidd and Jordan have jobs for life there.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
hes almost certainly done, its a shame but thats just what happens I guess.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,900 Posts
It's funny you mention Graves. Just the other day he tweeted something like "I miss when I used to bet on myself".
I'm sure seeing Bryan come back from a similar issue made him question whether he made the right decision.

Dude gave up his dream so he could provide for his family, then ended up dumping his family anyway. He's probably second guessing every decision he's ever made.

·
Registered
23,886 Posts
Unfortunately it looks like his in ring career is done.

And it happened during the biggest push of his career. I mean at best he would face Kurt at Mania and at worst he would have been challenging for the IC Title at Mania or something like that.

As silly as the story was, it's a shame we never go to see that play out.

·
Premium Member
4,078 Posts
Currently has a backstage role and I think that's gonna be his job for the rest of his life considering the kind of injury that simply derailed his wrestling career. Had so much potential even if the feud with Kurt Angle was cringeworthy at best.

·
Premium Member
4,078 Posts
sorry for the double post...

·
Southern Pride
3,354 Posts
Really I would have liked to see Jordan and Gable get back together as a team. I like Jordan but I never saw him as anything more than a midcarder on his own. American Alpha was fine.

At least Jordan still has a job in WWE. Sucks that it looks like his wrestling career is over.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
He will eventually return to face his father in Broken Freakin' Neck match (pain killers on a pole match) which he will win, and people complain about WWE not having long term storylines.

·
Registered
854 Posts
He seemed convinced he was going to come back based on his social media posts, and his wife was telling people he wasn't done, but he basically ghosted all his social media accounts 8 months ago, and they've been having him work as a producer. I'm going to say his career as a talent is done done.

Shame too, I was his original fan.
Oh my god, it is THE Jason Jordan fan :surprise:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts