Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They filed the trademark last fall, and it’s now June. Is it going to be a summer version of Bash at the Beach? Or something like Summerslam? I’m really hoping it’s at a beach somewhere! That’s something that’s been missing for a long time.

Are they waiting until 2022 when we will be at full capacity all the time?

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
I think it's just a general marketing slogan they trademarked. Maybe a secondary brand to "All Out - Best Summer Ever" or the name of their house show schedule "The Best Summer Ever Tour" or something.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
They badly need to work on what their vision is for aew. It's direction for show names is terrible and hardly hype worthy. But hey that's Cody for you, he's not a creative guy.

They need to hire a creative person to build an identity

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Seems to me that one of the first, most exciting sets/stages/events that would pop into my mind if I woke up a multi billionaire with the keys to a huge wrestling company on national television would be a beach based show sometime in the summer, likely around the 4th of July, middle of the drought season so you know there won't be much chance of rain plus the summer time is the best time for a beach show.

But not AEW, they have "Beach Blast" in February in Dailys Place. Or Bash at the Beach in January in the Miami arena.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seems to me that one of the first, most exciting sets/stages/events that would pop into my mind if I woke up a multi billionaire with the keys to a huge wrestling company on national television would be a beach based show sometime in the summer, likely around the 4th of July, middle of the drought season so you know there won't be much chance of rain plus the summer time is the best time for a beach show.

But not AEW, they have "Beach Blast" in February in Dailys Place. Or Bash at the Beach in January in the Miami arena.
The idea behind it was because the weather is bad in January and February, and Beach Break is a way to cheer people up, especially in places in the US where snowfall is high that time of year.

BUT...it is no excuse to not have a show on an actual beach in July/August.

In regards to July 4th, I remain steadfast that Cody is trying to acquire The Great American Bash like I’ve said in other threads as his dad dedicated it to him. We will see that house show tour over June and ending on a Dynamite around July 4th every year, one day. It’s where I see Cody winning the AEW title.

A beach show should be the bridge between that and All Out. I can see Best Summer ever being that.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
13,086 Posts
Let's be real you've not been watching the tag division since the bucks won. You're going on record to say you prefer the flippers to dudes who actually wrestle coherent matches beyond the obligatory hug spot?
There is nothing coherent about Chuck Taylor. Trent is good. I watched every episode in its entirety until the first Friday night one the week before the PPV.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Tbhi while I'm not sure it would be a good thing. I could see them going with attempted drownings if a beach show (MFJ-Y2J for example), And I say this as longtime fan who regularly watches AEW (albeit via online streaming) and hopes they succeed just for competition's sake.

·
13,237 Posts
There is nothing coherent about Chuck Taylor. Trent is good. I watched every episode in its entirety until the first Friday night one the week before the PPV.
Chuck Taylor is a better wrestler than both of the bucks is what I was driving at. Shitty look aside he can wrestle circles around them. Which is what makes best friends more appealing. Atleast until someone signs up matt fritchett and Davey vega

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
13,086 Posts
Chuck Taylor is a better wrestler than both of the bucks is what I was driving at. Shitty look aside he can wrestle circles around them. Which is what makes best friends more appealing. Atleast until someone signs up matt fritchett and Davey vega
Well, sure, that is true, but that is a very low bar. I would rather a summer run with a good to great team not just better than the pommel horse twins.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts