Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking about the Monday Night Wars with my buddy the other day, and he told me a piece of information I'd never heard about before, and couldn't find online so it's probably BS but I figured I'd ask around anyways to see if there's any substance to it.

He argues that back in 98-99 when WWF and WCW were at the peak of their ratings wars, that Flair had a contract dispute with WCW and there was a secret plan for him to jump to the WWF and be Mr. McMahon's "corporate champ" and feud with Austin over the belt.

Anyone EVER heard this rumour before?

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Never heard of it before.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Not the "Corporate Champion" story but yes, there were rumors of Flair and the WWF in the summer of 98 based on treatment Flair got in WCW. That was a few months before he came back for the big Horseman reunion and in the middle of the Austin/Taker feud for Summerslam. Vince did a special internet chat with Q&A around that time and someone asked him if he will bring Flair back and he said that if it's the right situation he would love to bring Flair back but now he's in contract with the competition.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I've never really heard much about it. But hell around that time everybody and their damn mom was jumping ship from different companies. And I do believe hearing about how Flair was getting fucked over by WCW around that time. So I wouldn't of been really surprised if he did re-sign with the WWF at that time.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I never heard of it, do me a favour and ask your friend what crack his smoking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts