Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Somewhat, but I don't take it seriously.

Can I guess and say you're influenced by Houston Hip Hop?

Edit: Actually, I hear the Wiz one. Intro reminds me of something I heard on Flight School and Curren$y's Pilot Talk

I think Made It is your best one

Any chance I can get a download for Made It?

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
For me, very. Depends on how creative you are, how much you do it and whether or not your used to the program you're using. Some pick it up easily, while others (like me) aren't that great at it.

·
Ichi Bakayaro
9,086 Posts
I used to produce Hip Hop beats, mainly underground New York type stuff. Worked with a lot of emcees from my area and upstate New York as well. Produced a lot of tracks and engineered a lot of sessions, but grew tired of it and switched over to producing my own Rock/Metal projects. Recently I started doing beats again, and I'll eventually put out an album with one of the guys I used to work with.

Here's a REALLY OLD track I produced for two friends:
http://soundcloud.com/cmstrike/themiracle

Here's another one, I sampled Bret Hart's theme on this one :lmao
Beat came out pretty cool, but the MC is lame...oh well!
http://soundcloud.com/cmstrike/heart-attack-feat-mickey-haze

A lot of my good stuff is downstairs on the studio PC, can't be arsed to get it now :)

Was thinking about trying this. Seems interesting. How hard is it to make a decent beat?
It takes a lot of time and effort, I'll say that much. If you're interested in giving it a shot, start off by studying the music you like. Hell, study the music you don't like too. Just listen to music, dissect the elements and figure out what makes it appealing. Once you start making tracks, it'll take a while before you produce something that you'll want to play for other people. Figuring out the equipment side of things is where a lot of people get frustrated. Some people have great ideas in their head but can't seem to translate them to actual music. Once you get a grasp on both parts of the process you'll be good to go.

I started off with a stupidly simple drum machine program called Hammerhead. Once I figured out how to program drum tracks, I bought Cakewalk Kinetic and started adding melodies. Gradually I started figuring out what sounds good and what doesn't, and how to go about arranging a track. I now use a program called Propellerhead Reason. But it's not the equipment that you have, it's how you use it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I produce breakcore music. But only for fun, though I did have a song played in a club once!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts