Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any news on Taker?
Anyone seen or heard from Taker since WM?
Let's hope the phenom is recovering & we will see him again.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Honestly, just let him be at this point. Will always be one of my all time favorites but he doesn't need to be in the ring anymore with his wear and tear unless he absolutely wants to be.

But the thing is, he's not technically retired right now. We all think he is and he's probably done. But WWE the night after Mania and even the weeks that followed never flat out said it, on speculated. Likely because right now, they don't know whether or not if he truly is done or if they'll squeeze another match out of him next year.

·
Registered
18,773 Posts
Dude, he's retired for good. Just give it up. No sense in him wrestling again anyways. His last match against Reigns he looked really fucking rough. But I really respect Undertaker for going out there and at least trying.

·
24,514 Posts
I think they are keeping quiet with him because they are probably planning to make a WWEK24 documentary on him and maybe even an Austin podcast. Some of the pictures of him at the hospital showed some cameras which is probably WWE filming the whole thing.

We'll see...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they are keeping quiet with him because they are probably planning to make a WWEK24 documentary on him and maybe even an Austin podcast. Some of the pictures of him at the hospital showed some cameras which is probably WWE filming the whole thing.

We'll see...
Would be interested in that Doc & that shoot

·
Registered
295 Posts
If Taker has had hip replacement surgery he is done. He would never be medically cleared for any type of match and would only be cleared for very limited physical activity inside the ring. Case in point, Hulk Hogan when he made his return to the company a few years back. Hogan has had hip replacement surgery as well and WWE doctors would not clear him for a match because the idea had been tossed around of him getting in the ring with John Cena at a Wrestlemania. I'll say it again, if Taker's had hip replacement surgery, he's done. I do believe there will be a WWE 24 special on the Network because as someone else pointed out there were camera crews with Taker as he went to New York for what I would assume was his hip replacement surgery. I also believe that Austin will be doing a podcast as some point with the Undertaker whether it be for the WWE Network or not. The Undertaker leaving his gear in the ring at the end of Mania I think was a way for him to not only end his career, but to break free from the Undertaker character, which will allow Mark Calaway to speak on his career as a network special or Podcast would not be something the Undertaker character would do. Personally I'll be looking forward to both the documentary and potential pod cast as it will be interesting to see Calaway speak on his career.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I started hoping he might come back for one final match but then I re watched the WM 33 match and it just made me sad as shit, he had just fallen so far from the stuff he was doing in the past, leave it well alone, he already went on too long, hes only going to get older so its not like he could come back and be wrestling like he was a decade ago, its done, time to just let it go.

think we got lucky to see him for as long as we did, I dont think many people wouldve expected 5 years ago that he would be still going in 2017.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
If Taker has had hip replacement surgery he is done. He would never be medically cleared for any type of match and would only be cleared for very limited physical activity inside the ring. Case in point, Hulk Hogan when he made his return to the company a few years back. Hogan has had hip replacement surgery as well and WWE doctors would not clear him for a match because the idea had been tossed around of him getting in the ring with John Cena at a Wrestlemania. I'll say it again, if Taker's had hip replacement surgery, he's done. I do believe there will be a WWE 24 special on the Network because as someone else pointed out there were camera crews with Taker as he went to New York for what I would assume was his hip replacement surgery. I also believe that Austin will be doing a podcast as some point with the Undertaker whether it be for the WWE Network or not. The Undertaker leaving his gear in the ring at the end of Mania I think was a way for him to not only end his career, but to break free from the Undertaker character, which will allow Mark Calaway to speak on his career as a network special or Podcast would not be something the Undertaker character would do. Personally I'll be looking forward to both the documentary and potential pod cast as it will be interesting to see Calaway speak on his career.
I would have thought that Hogan's spine would have been the reason for not passing the physical, not his hip. It was the former that kept him from having any further real matches in TNA after he had his back surgery.

Regarding Undertaker's hip - I thought that he already has had one hip replacement surgery a few years ago. If so, then this surgery would be for the other hip, or to replace the artificial hip that has now worn out. Other wrestlers have competed with artificial hips, including Roddy Piper from 1994 forward (and at WrestleMania XXV). Unless their standards have become more stringent in the last eight years, I'm not certain if an artificial hip would automatically disqualify Taker. It would just make him far more limited.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.