Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many people here play instruments or do vocals. Song writers? Band members? Bedroom Strummers? Gearheads?

I play guitar--mostly in the blues/classic rock/psychedelia realm, but I do get heavyand nasty as well. I own a buncha good pedals, amps, and guitars--most of them highly modified. A Les Paul Custom, a mean looking Strat, a few tube amps, and boutique stomps and electric guitar through a hot amp is usually how I roll, but I also love acoustic as well (Takamine Ltd' Edition Electric Acoustic). I dabble in bass and keyboards here and there, but it's mostly the axes that get the love.

Was in a band once, but it didn't pan out--I will be again whenever I can find a drummer who isn't a basketcase.

Music is a huge part of my life, and holding a guitar and playing notes is an addiction--I usually practice/dabble at least 4 hours a day. I also write a lot of songs. Main guitar influences include Stevie Ray, Hendrix, Gilmour, Page, and Tony Iommi. I also am pretty into most blues greats--from the old timey days to the present. Lyrical style is akin to Beatles, Pink Floyd, Bowie, Sabbath type stuff--deep, philosophical, poetic, imaginative.

Anyway. Any other musicians here? What's your weapon of choice? Genre? How do you roll?

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
Re: Any Musicians Here? (Guitarists, Bass, Drums, Keys, Horns, Singers,etc.-GET IN HE

I play guitar, mainly acoustic. I got an yamaha that my friend gave me several years. I love playing to some Dylan and Johnny cash tracks, aswell as some city and colour, black keys and led zeppelin.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: Any Musicians Here? (Guitarists, Bass, Drums, Keys, Horns, Singers,etc.-GET IN HE

My main instrument is Drums. It's all about Tama, Remo, Sabian and Vater. I play guitar and bass - but my love is with the drums.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

I play piano, i'm still crap, but i love playing it. I play mostly mainstream songs everyday, and i can play most Coldplay songs (i <3 them to death). I can't play classical music, it's too complicated for me, i never take lessons and i can't read sheet music at all so i only play by ear or sometimes learning from piano tutorials on youtube.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts

I can play drums pretty well

I can do vocals so-so (Screaming I can do better than actual singing and these days that counts for something hehe) , and keyboard/guitar at a noob level that wouldn't really even count when trying to contribute to making a song lol

Oh and genre? Post hardcore/Metalcore is my genre of choice

·
Went to Wrestlemania!!!!!
6,515 Posts

I sing and play a little harmonica. I sorta do some stuff with a friend of mine but nothing permanent. So as of now I sing for my youth group, which is a great way for any other singers to get some practice/performance time in. Choirs especially. My main influences for singing are Steven Tyler, Anthony Keidis, Jim Morrison, and Jonathan Davis.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts

I used to be able to play the keyboard to a basic level (if I had the sheet music infront of me I could play whatever you wanted) but I've forgotten it all now.

You know how people always say "It's like riding a bike, you never forget"? Well that concept doesn't apply to me, I'm 22 years old & I've already forogtten how to ride a bike, swim and play the keyboard (although I re-learnt the bike again). I really wish I continued on with playing the keyboard but back then I didn't really enjoy it, shame cos it'd be a decent pass-time now.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

Just curious how many people here play instruments or do vocals. Song writers? Band members? Bedroom Strummers? Gearheads?

I play guitar--mostly in the blues/classic rock/psychedelia realm, but I do get heavyand nasty as well. I own a buncha good pedals, amps, and guitars--most of them highly modified. A Les Paul Custom, a mean looking Strat, a few tube amps, and boutique stomps and electric guitar through a hot amp is usually how I roll, but I also love acoustic as well (Takamine Ltd' Edition Electric Acoustic). I dabble in bass and keyboards here and there, but it's mostly the axes that get the love.

Was in a band once, but it didn't pan out--I will be again whenever I can find a drummer who isn't a basketcase.

Music is a huge part of my life, and holding a guitar and playing notes is an addiction--I usually practice/dabble at least 4 hours a day. I also write a lot of songs. Main guitar influences include Stevie Ray, Hendrix, Gilmour, Page, and Tony Iommi. I also am pretty into most blues greats--from the old timey days to the present. Lyrical style is akin to Beatles, Pink Floyd, Bowie, Sabbath type stuff--deep, philosophical, poetic, imaginative.

Anyway. Any other musicians here? What's your weapon of choice? Genre? How do you roll?
Dude, those are some pretty awesome influences. I bet you write some sweet riffs.

I play guitar too. I'm working on a project right now with a buddy who is a drummer and owns a studio. I try to write stuff that sounds like Zeppelin - key word there being "try", lol.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts

Just guitar for me. Love playing anything that's metal, mainly play stuff like Avenged Sevenfold, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom (although I can't play it well lol). I'm starting to learn a lot of older stuff too, Sabbath, Metallica, Zeppelin, because I really want to learn how to pull off all those shredding solos that I love. I play in a southern hardcore/metalcore band which is pretty fun, I love making my own music.

·
Wrestling In Africa
3,354 Posts

I'm a singer and I've recently taken up guitar. I've sung for a few bands but nothing major just a few gigs here and there. I haven't been in a band in a while nor have I done a gig in a while but I do like to Rock N Roll! :D

·
Registered
160 Posts

I play guitar, played in a few bands. My favorite band to play in though was a country rockabilly band. Gonna start collaborating with a very talented singer that is local who wants to do a kind of indie rock thing.

·
3,539 Posts

I play guitar, been doing so for a few years. The band thing has never really appealed to me even though I've played a couple of gigs filling in for someone else

·
Registered
3,342 Posts

I play guitar, been playing for like 6 years or so.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts

I play drums and a little guitar. I'm far better at drums, though. Never played in a band. And to tell you the truth, I've never owned a set. I've only played on a few sets at school or something. I always play on Rock Band, but that doesn't really count, trust me. I still kick ass at it, though. My influences have to be Lars Ulrich, Tre Cool, Zac Farro, John Dolmayan, James Culpepper and Adrian Young.

·
Registered
212 Posts

www.reverbnation.com/aaronwilson09

I play Guitar, bass, piano, sing, just can not grasp the drums at all. Had many bands, but I guess I'm too forward and specific for people to stay in a band with me so I just went and did my own thing and thats my page for it. So take a look. Let me know what ya think.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_BwWECrYJM

·
Banned
8,283 Posts

Nah, but I would love to learn how to play at least a guitar. I don't have many musical ideas just a good instrument and a lot of experience listening to thousands upon thousands of great music. I'm a pretty good singer if I focus myself. I'd say I'm somewhere in between a rapper and a doo wop group or the Journey front man hahaha. Yeah I'm into exploring the imagination and I'd make music I would love to listen to and know other people can use to better their lives and understand and love without blowing the song off for some of the shitty music out today. I would like to change the world if I could.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts