Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any updates on if the WWE is having a MITB match this year at Wrestlemania?? Last year they did, but they also had a new Money in the Bank PPV which I wasn't a fan of at all, I mean 3 MITB matches in a year?? I hope they take that PPV off. It seems like every new champion nowadays becomes champ from that contract. Kane, Miz, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, all became champs from the MITB. Sheamus in probably the only guy recently who didn't need the MITB and became champ.

So are they having a MITB this year?? It doesn't seem like it because there are less than 4 weeks left until Wrestlemania and no qualifying matches have been announced. If they don't have one at Mania but have 2 of them at the MITB PPV, I will be very dissapointed.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
I think it's still possible they will have MITB at WM. Guys like John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, etc still have no program so far and if WWE can't be bothered to give them their own programs they will just simply put these guys on MITB match.

Edit: I just realized so far we already have 5 matches officially announced (Taker/HHH, ADR/Edge, Cena/Miz, Lawler/Cole, Punk/Orton), we can add to that list possibly a divas title match, Corre vs. Big Show/Kane tag titles match, and Cody vs. Rey so that will make it 8 matches already. Last year they had 10 matches announced at WM including MITB match, if they set the same number of matches this year at WM there is a big chance MITB match will also be included because i don't think they have enough time to set separate programs for all guys mentioned above in first paragraph.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
The reason they need one is to get as many guys on the card as possible. And, please, no clusterfucking battle royals. If we have to have a clusterfuck, I'd prefer it to be entertaining.

· Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it's still possible they will have MITB at WM. Guys like John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, etc still have no program so far and if WWE can't be bothered to give them their own programs they will just simply put these guys on MITB match.

Edit: I just realized so far we already have 5 matches officially announced (Taker/HHH, ADR/Edge, Cena/Miz, Lawler/Cole, Punk/Orton), we can add to that list possibly a divas title match, Corre vs. Big Show/Kane tag titles match, and Cody vs. Rey so that will make it 8 matches already. Last year they had 10 matches announced at WM including MITB match, if they set the same number of matches this year at WM there is a big chance MITB match will also be included because i don't think they have enough time to set separate programs for all guys mentioned above in first paragraph.
Great observation there man. All those guys you listed in that 1st paragraph would actually make for one hell of a Money in the Bank match.

· Proud Pastafarian =)
4,086 Posts
If they don't have it it would be pretty gay

I'd rather they just have the one at WM than the PPV one

· Banned
4,575 Posts
I personally think they should scrap the PPV and do two at WM. Just my opinion.

· Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I personally think they should scrap the PPV and do two at WM. Just my opinion.
Having 2 at one Wrestlemania would be too much I think. Having 1 makes it a lot more special. Even though having 1 match from each brand wouldn't be bad either. It could present a lot more opportunities, but I still feel like having 1 year can become a tradition like the annual Royal Rumble.

· Registered
612 Posts
Now it is another PPV which ruins it completely.

MITB was the only good match at Wrestlemania. Now its not even worth watching unless The Rock hits the people's elbow on John Cena and takes the title away like Hogan stole it in 93 against Yoko screwing Bret.

· Registered
172 Posts
They're not gonna have a MITB match this year, can't remember where,but i saw a *Spoiler* with the WM Card

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Having 2 at one Wrestlemania would be too much I think. Having 1 makes it a lot more special. Even though having 1 match from each brand wouldn't be bad either. It could present a lot more opportunities, but I still feel like having 1 year can become a tradition like the annual Royal Rumble.
That's what I mean. Combine the two events and have two MITB matches at WM, one from each brand.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
It's gonna be a pity if there isn't one this year. I love watching them at Mania, it's one of the main things to look forward to on the card for me. Some mid-carders who should be on the card, aren't going to feature. Guys like Morrison, Kofi, McIntyre, Ziggler, Dibiase, Bryan, hell maybe even Sheamus at this rate etc should be on the card and this is the match for them. I'm sure some of them will get onto the card but their spots will be meaningless and the feuds will be sub-par. They get a bit of attention in MITB because of the endless discussion for who might win etc. It's also a big moment for someone at Wrestlemania.

It's a bit different to the MITB PPV because I like the intrigue over if the superstar will cash in on their own brand or switch suddenly, it creates more of a surprise to me. So I doubt there will be one...and it'll be a pity.

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
It's gonna be a pity if there isn't one this year. I love watching them at Mania, it's one of the main things to look forward to on the card for me. Some mid-carders who should be on the card, aren't going to feature. Guys like Morrison, Kofi, McIntyre, Ziggler, Dibiase, Bryan, hell maybe even Sheamus at this rate etc should be on the card and this is the match for them. I'm sure some of them will get onto the card but their spots will be meaningless and the feuds will be sub-par. They get a bit of attention in MITB because of the endless discussion for who might win etc. It's also a big moment for someone at Wrestlemania.

It's a bit different to the MITB PPV because I like the intrigue over if the superstar will cash in on their own brand or switch suddenly, it creates more of a surprise to me. So I doubt there will be one...and it'll be a pity.
I agree. It's also a pity because this year there are SO many guys that could have a legit shot of winning it and could use it to elevate them to the main event level. Morrison, Kingston, Ziggler are the top 3 that come to my mind. Instead they will probably just be thrown into some multi-man tag match that no one will care about. It's a shame(ful) thing lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.