Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
I mean that's probably a good note for him, but I wouldn't get rid of every cool high spot. Keith Lee after all pops the shit out of people by doing stuff a man that size shouldn't be able to do.
But then you don't want over-saturation, right? How do you keep someone interesting? Don't replicate the formula. If you have Keith Lee as the big man doing things-he-shouldn't-do and then you have Apollo doing it too, then it detracts from Keith lee. You want to set the perception that big men with that kind of agility is a one-in-a-thousand thing. All of a sudden you have two on the same roster (or even more) and just like that, Keith Lee has become the norm, rather than the exception.

Besides, the difference between Keith and Apollo is that Keith works very aggressively. His strikes and grapple moves are done with some degree of snap and intensity, whereas, Apollo's moves look too soft for a guy with his power.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
You beat me to it. I always loved Jim Powers. He's that guy who always got a 2 1/2 count versus the big guys after a flurry of moves, but never got the pinfall. Didn't he have a great dropkick, too?
He certainly did.

When posting that last night I realized something - off the top of my head Rick Steamboat and Jim Powers are the only two long-time WWF superstars that wrestled their entire careers as babyfaces. Powers might have made for an interesting heel.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts