Wrestling Forum banner

Any Impact Zone regulars in this forum?

1604 Views 15 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Torrie/Trish Lover
Just curious to see their take on the fact that nearly all of IWC hates the IZ with passion.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
I don't hate the Impact Zone, but this past Impact showed us just how great a Thursday night could be when the crowd is larger than that of a high school gymnasium.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Whatever did happen to the crucial crue anyway

· Banned
2,174 Posts
its not just the IWC, TNA hates the Impact Zone too. If they had it there way and had enough money they would leave that place.
I think we can all relate to that :lmao

· Registered
1,074 Posts
I wouldnt call myself a regular but i have been to tapings and a few PPVS.
Couple friends and I go have some beers,enjoy it for what it is,then hit the
Ale house for some Zingers and Nachos and call it a night.Im normally on the
floor but in the back so im not really on camera at all.I dont talk to anyone
but my friends mainly.I never bother the talent or anything either,i just show
up watch it and leave.I havent been since before Before For Glory so i cant
really comment on anything recent.Oh and before anyone asks No i dont chant
i hate most of that shit.

My opinion on the IZ?It has its ups and downs.I think the crowd has gotten
far to comfortable with everything.90% of the people that go are either regulars,
people on vacation who want to see wrestling or large groups of people (military,
highschool teams etc) few are actually tourists who are clueless about what it is
so its really not the "lolcastmember" or "loltourists" zone that people try to make
it out to be.I really dislike the process of how tapings and ppvs are done.
Its takes so long to actually get into the IZ that people are tired from all the heat.
You're waiting a minimum of 2 hours+ to get in there.While that may not sound that
bad it is.There is no real concession stand or a place to sit down.Then once you
get in they normally have sections make a bunch of noise and cheer for free dvds.
Well thats nice and all but buy the time the show starts people are beat and tired.
Trust me if i could pay money just to avoid the line and the waiting i would.

The IZ needs something.Both the fans and probably the wrestlers are bored of it.
Maybe a couple months off and taping somewhere else would help or bring a ton of new
fans or at least a new set design something/anything would help at this point.

It also doesnt help that the way they tape things can be confusing and out of order.
There was a few times that i had no fucking idea what was going on and i watch impact
every week.

The production/set design and the crowd
both need a good shot in the arm.I liked the set for NC tapings i wish they
would shoehorn that into the Universal Sound Stage.

Ok now to i guess your question.

I really dont give a shit what a buncha dorks on the internet think really.
It makes me laugh that people actually get mad at a building and bunch of
random people.

· Banned
3,177 Posts
Got called back to work the overtime shift at McDonald's.
Clearly you've never had a job if you think there is such thing as an 'overtime shift'

I believe overnight/graveyard is what you're referring to, or you have no clue what you're talking about.

· Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Its takes so long to actually get into the IZ that people are tired from all the heat.
You're waiting a minimum of 2 hours+ to get in there.While that may not sound that
bad it is.There is no real concession stand or a place to sit down.
Why do you have to wait 2 hours? I've never been there and didn't understand that point in your post. Just curious....

· I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
33,076 Posts
You're assuming that those loser fans even have internet in their trailers, let alone computers. Too busy working a train on Jeff Hardy Girl to care about talkin' bout rasslin on dem internats

· Registered
1,074 Posts
Why do you have to wait 2 hours? I've never been there and didn't understand that point in your post. Just curious....

Basically the IZ is inside Universal Studios in a soundstage.You are not required
to pay to get into Universal to see a taping.Therefore they setup a line outside
so they can have an employee walk everyone though Universal to the IZ.
They want you lined up over an hour beforehand so they can get everyone in a line
and ready to go.Now once you get to the sound stage you still have an hour plus till
the taping starts.(probably they are shooting promos and some backstage stuff at this
time i guess).So yea you sit and wait and sit and wait for a very long time.
I hope that clears it up a little.its kinda hard to explain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.