Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance when people starting signing with NXT they will put it in their contract they can't be called up unless they approve it so Vince can't ruin them.

This could be a good way for the WWE to get people to sign with them over another indy company or even AEW.

NXT is way better than WWE and we know HHH is trying to keep people like Cole in NXT so Vince can't ruin them.

Keeping people like The undisputed era, Gargano, Ciampa, Velveteen Dream, Pete Dunne, Kushida and Matt Riddle in NXT and even bringing more people back to NXT that are being unused like Nakamura, Rusev, Roode, Black, EC3 etc could make NXT the place to be.

Since teh main roster is so toxic right now, NXT could be the place brand to be on.

Id even give the 3rd hour to Raw for an NXT live show each week

·
Registered
24,587 Posts
I mean I don't see how anyone would have that kind of leverage.

When people sign to NXT, they're signing to WWE. NXT is a brand of WWE. NXT, despite losing money in the past, exists because Vince allows it to. So no one's really in a position to do that.

And even if they were, I mean you're giving up the chance to potentially make more money and even if you only went up when you wanted to, that's not stopping them from misusing you.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I could only see if NXT end up signing someone like Okada or someone of that ilk, who probably can ask for a deal like that and probably get it.

The truth is for all the crap we talk about the main roster, it's where you make the real money. That's what it's about for a lot of the talent. If they aren't happy they can do a Moxley, work out their contracts and leave if the booking isn't making them happy.

Talent need to probably start looking out for their careers rather then rushing to WWE and finding themselves having a good push in NXT then end up in catering and working mostly on Main Event on the main roster. They can't complain as it's been happening for a long time now.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
Why would anyone sign a 5 year contract (the new required minimum) to stay on a developmental brand? You're better off flopping on the main roster than spending your entire career in NXT. Those wrestlers would have to have zero confidence in themselves to want such a clause.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Okay for starters Okada would NEVER join the WWE especially if he was going to be in NXT.

Why would anyone in NXT want to stay in NXT when we all know their contracts are shit compared to the main roster?

Raw would never give up it’s 3rd hour for an hour of live NXT.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Okay for starters Okada would NEVER join the WWE especially if he was going to be in NXT.

Why would anyone in NXT want to stay in NXT when we all know their contracts are shit compared to the main roster?

Raw would never give up it’s 3rd hour for an hour of live NXT.
I know that, just saying only that level of talent would probably could call any shot like that.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I know that, just saying only that level of talent would probably could call any shot like that.

Oh true. But let’s be honest, okada got screwed with TNA so I can’t see him coming back to the states unless he trusts Omega and the Bucks more than we think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Oh true. But let’s be honest, okada got screwed with TNA so I can’t see him coming back to the states unless he trusts Omega and the Bucks more than we think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's making top money in NJPW, is the company's ACE. Is already a legend. Unless NJPW and AEW strike a deal sometime in the future, you only see Okada wrestle in the States with NJPW shows. He won't be going to WWE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts