Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the WWE is very high on Michael Cole right now, but I just think Jim Ross should be back at the announce table. He's the voice of WWE. It irks me to see Cole there with King. I mean, I love Cole's new character, but it just doesn't fit with announcing. He's basically in love with The Miz, and hates R-Truth. That's fine. But I mean... shouldn't he be trashing John Cena? Cole is a heel, and when Cena is on the screen, it's like he's 'old' Michael Cole. It just confuses me.

Someone said it back kast Monday that Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole, and loser leaves Raw. If that happens, I would suspect JR gets involved, and him and King reunite. Ha, it sounds like a long shot, but a man can dream right? I mean, I don't think Punk is going to be announcing for a while, most likekly until his injury heals.

But, there you go... I'm just wondering if any of you think JR could replace Cole as the lead Raw announcer again?

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
I can see that happen or CM Punk will replace Cole for a while untill he heals up. After Punk they can bring in JR or Striker. Cole will become a manager or the GM of RAW soon. The heat he got on Smackdown makes me believe he will be a character instead of just a ring annoucer soon.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I like JR, but hes in no condition to be on the road anymore. Time for the next generation of announcers to stay up and show what they can do.
Why not? The Bell's Palsy thing is always a risk of relapse, but he's in no worse shape than he was before... Lawler's still actually taking bumps, and I think he's older than J.R.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Christian has a better chance in becoming World Heavyweight Champion then JR returning.

As the previous poster said, it's time for the new announcers to be presented and put their work on the table.

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
Christian has a better chance in becoming World Heavyweight Champion then JR returning.
Whoa, whoa, let's not go too far. Nothing is THAT unlikely. That's probably what somebody thought about Bret Hart returning. Unlikely as it may be, a Christian world title run is strictly impossible.

I wouldn't think JR would come back full time, although I'd welcome it with open arms. Cole has developed into a pretty funny heel who it's easy to laugh at, but he's never going to top JR, even if it's an older JR with more limitations.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Whoa, whoa, let's not go too far. Nothing is THAT unlikely. That's probably what somebody thought about Bret Hart returning. Unlikely as it may be, a Christian world title run is strictly impossible.
I did went a little too far did I? :D

JR would probably return for special occasions like that WWE old school RAW of sorts. But I can't really see him returning full time again. It will be a interesting concept with him and Cole commentating together with Cole being jealous again.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Cole is the most talked about thing in WWE at this moment it would be dumb to replace him. He is at the hight of his career.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cole is the most talked about thing in WWE at this moment it would be dumb to replace him. He is at the hight of his career.
True, and WWE should use that to their advantage and make Cole the GM. I'm not comparing him to Bischoff, but that's the kind of GM he would be. A heel GM, and then we can really see how much potential Cole has.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Michael Cole is doing a good job, no sense to mess it up.
To be honest, Jim Ross is overrated. He only made name for himself for funny phrases that he only uses when Stone Cold Steve Austin came out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Michael Cole is one of the most interesting characters on TV right now and he's doing a great job, there's no need to replace him.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would much rather see JR replace King, as his commentary is brutal and he is rather void of a personality these days. Cole on the other hand is at the peak of his career at the moment, why the fuck would you want to replace him?

·
Standing with The Man
5,933 Posts
I think we'll see Josh Matthews on the table before JR, If anyone is gonna leave the announce table it will Lawler, getting a title match after so long? smells like a retirement send off to me.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
No chance, i think. J.R. is part of the past, i don't mind if he returns though, but right now i'm not really missing his announcing. I'm enjoying Cole's heel antics at the moment, and i also like CM Punk's commentary, he's a really funny guy.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I would love to see a King vs Cole match, loser leaves the Raw announce table, then have JR return and screw Cole out of a victory. JR then can be re-united with King on Raw.

Of course, this is purely just wishful thinking. It seems like Vince really wants to shove Cole as be the Voice of the WWE down everyone's throats, and it's no secret that he has treated JR like shit over the years.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts