Respect My Pimphand..
15,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"I won't lose my job like all of you" :lmao

Thoughts?

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Hmmmm, interesting. Is this the direction they're going with the character? Playing up the weak economy to strike a nerve?

·
Registered
13,105 Posts
Easy cheap heat. But then Cesaro isn't really strong on the mic, so I guess it makes sense.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy cheap heat. But then Cesaro isn't really strong on the mic, so I guess it makes sense.
True but he is, at least, better than Del Rio on the mic, and better than him at everything else while we're at it. So, ultimately, he should go pretty far.

·
Super Moderator
25,861 Posts
Nice promo, as it got the job done and generated heat, even in a half empty arena. Hopefully, Kassius Ohno isn't too far behind.

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
Yeah there was a huge lineup getting in the arena. We arrived at 6:45, and the show began at 7:15. We didn't get in the arena until exactly then, and by the time we got to where you could see the ring, JTG was in the ring and Cesaro was just coming through the curtain.

Definitely got some boos from those who were there, though.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Cesaro is an amazing natural heel who will draw heat and this promo is a great example of that. They've got a few of them with Cesaro, Sandow, and Ambrose coming in. The heels are well represented on Smackdown.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cesaro is an amazing natural heel who will draw heat and this promo is a great example of that. They've got a few of them with Cesaro, Sandow, and Ambrose coming in. The heels are well represented on Smackdown.
Which all but confirms Mine and DesoRow's belief that Bryan will turn back to face at Extreme Rules.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
last week? wasn't this on this past monday?
and cheap heat or not he atleast capable of generating heat unlike Ziggler or Del rio!
Cesaro has every element vince like power- look-good mic skills so if he was able to get over as a powerhouse heel there is nothing to stop them from pushing him to the top

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Which all but confirms Mine and DesoRow's belief that Bryan will turn back to face at Extreme Rules.
I don't think Bryan will turn. Bryan is the top heel of Smackdown and there isn't anyone who is able to replace him in that position. No one is ready for the #1 heel position as Rhodes and Del Rio aren't built up enough for that spot. If anyone turns, it will very likely be Christian and maybe Henry (although I think Henry will move over to Raw). That way the top heel Smackdown roster in the upcoming months would be Bryan, Del Rio, Rhodes, Cesaro, Ambrose, Sandow, and then a returning Barrett. Those are 7 strong heels. To counter, they'd have Sheamus, Orton, Big Show, a returning Christian, Ryback, a returning DiBiase, a returning Gabriel. Seven faces and Christian turning helps their strength.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think Bryan will turn. Bryan is the top heel of Smackdown and there isn't anyone who is able to replace him in that position. No one is ready for the #1 heel position as Rhodes and Del Rio aren't built up enough for that spot. If anyone turns, it will very likely be Christian and maybe Henry (although I think Henry will move over to Raw). That way the top heel Smackdown roster in the upcoming months would be Bryan, Del Rio, Rhodes, Cesaro, Ambrose, Sandow, and then a returning Barrett. Those are 7 strong heels. To counter, they'd have Sheamus, Orton, Big Show, a returning Christian, Ryback, a returning DiBiase, a returning Gabriel. Seven faces and Christian turning helps their strength.
To be honest I hope Big Show retires. The slow fatass ruins so many guys just by feuding with them. I honestly have no idea how Bryan got past him intact. But look at his career ever since he returned. Squashed CM Punk, squashed Henry, squashed Del Rio, squashed Swagger, squashing Rhodes.

Also, how many movesets get limited just from being in a match with guys like Henry, Khali and Big Show. The match quality get's sucked right out.

If what you presented above is the face roster that will be overcoming the odds over the heels, then we will have one helluva terrible year over on smackdown.

·
Super Moderator
25,861 Posts
^ WWE likes having a name that they created and can copyright on wrestlers these days. Generally because if a wrestler becomes big in the WWE and then leaves, they have to a use a different name if they go to TNA, ROH, etc.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ WWE likes having a name that they created and can copyright on wrestlers these days. Generally because if a wrestler becomes big in the WWE and then leaves, they have to a use a different name if they go to TNA, ROH, etc.
This and, IMO anyway, Antonio Cesaro is a great name, and much easier to say then Claudio Castagnoli. I wouldn't have minded if they called him Claudio Cesaro, but this still works!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
the smackdown face, heel line up should look like this
Face:Sheamus,Ryback,Christain,DB,Khali,swagger(should be traded then face turn),Dibiase,sin cara, Mysterio,Gabriel

Heel:Orton(way better as a heel),Henry,Del rio,big show(turn him),cesaro,Barrett,Rhodes,Sandow

seems pretty even to me

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
If what you presented above is the face roster that will be overcoming the odds over the heels, then we will have one helluva terrible year over on smackdown.
That's because Smackdown has a lot of midcard heels and very few midcard faces. They need to turn some of these midcard heels face or bring some up from FCW. Bryan, for instance, is above the level of the midcard and WWE shouldn't book him there. He's a main eventer and right now the only spots open in the main event are as a heel. I could see the likes of Christian and Henry moved back to midcard face status though to make up some of the difference.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts