Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I know people have been high on Cesaro/Castagnoli since his indy days, but now that he's in WWE he seems to be really taking off... The commentators are really building him up and he has definitely over shadowed Colter and Swagger...

My question,
Although he is 32, do you still think Cesaro can be considered by WWE to be a future Main Eventer?

·
Banned
598 Posts
but what about his poor mic skills and charisma ?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I really hope so.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I don't see him being a future Main-Eventer. I would like him being a face midcarder, put on great matches at every PPV then after some years, he have a World Title run to thanks him... and then, goes back in the midcard like Chris Benoit. I don't think he have the potential to be a superstar that can headline Wrestlemania

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I don't see him being a future Main-Eventer. I would like him being a face midcarder, put on great matches at every PPV then after some years, he have a World Title run to thanks him... and then, goes back in the midcard like Chris Benoit. I don't think he have the potential to be a superstar that can headline Wrestlemania
Says who the Del Rio fan. He doesn't need to headline WM but if this is my company I will have pushed him to the moon and put him in mainevents. I will give him Lesnar and Taker to feud with and end up winning the feud because that's how you build a future star. Guys like Cesaro are one of a kind you will not see this kind of talent anytime soon. The guy is the absolute best in the ring and if given the chance he will out shine any top star in the ring.

He has decent mic skills and believe it or not he's charismatic. If you watched him in ROH you will know that. He's a natural babyface and has the super hero look.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I've been watching a lot of his matches from Chikara lately, and he does not lack charisma. They need to let Cesaro be himself.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been watching a lot of his matches from Chikara lately, and he does not lack charisma. They need to let Cesaro be himself.
That's exactly it!

That's how Rock/Cena/Austin and Punk all got over... they just threw out the rule book and went out there as themselves (or over dramatized versions)

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
That'll help him, if anything. They seem to have a huge problem with charisma and mic skills these days. Anybody who can talk gets the shovel up their ass. :buried

I don't know if he'll ever be a true main eventer but he'll have a couple WHC reigns.

·
From parts unknown
23,274 Posts
I don't get the charisma complaints about Cesaro. Look at what they saddled him with? A guy that speaks six foreign languages ... yodelling ... ummm ... He's not a hollywood calibre comic to be able to pull stuff like that off.

Plus, it's not like the WWE has never pushed wrestlers with poor mic skills. They know how to get him over if they really wanted to and that's what bothers me about how most of the midcard is being treated these days.

It's like there's the WWE belt, and there's the WWE belt .. and there's the WWE.

There used to be a lot of other shit for mid-carders to compete for that helped establish them as respectable stars. But at this point it's either main event or bust - and that kind of mentality has become rooted amongst the fans as well.

That's not the WWF I remember.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I've said it many times, but Cesaro has all the skills, the look, the talent and even mic skills to become world champion. Cesaro has only been on the main roster for about a year now so they'll have plenty of time to push him.

I hope you're Joking

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
if they turn him face they should let him use the UFO and the big swing. the guy is a natural face, as a heel his moveset everything screams face. he should be a perfect face WHC. he doesn't need a manager at all their are plenty of guys that you could stick one with but he would not be at the top of that list. Cesaro with all the shit they have given him to work with he has been able to let his work in the ring constantly overcome that. when you look at guys he has taken on you can pretty much say that matched up with Cesaro is probably going to be their best match or matches of the year. not to mention he can work with anyone and make them look good, he really knows how to set his opponent up to make them come out looking great win or lose.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
He'll get there. He should at least hold the WHC once before it gets unified, if so.

If the mid card had a shed of light, I doubt all these Cesaro threads would be popping up, because he would be shinning in some well booked story lines with the IC title or US title.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He'll get there. He should at least hold the WHC once before it gets unified, if so.

If the mid card had a shed of light, I doubt all these Cesaro threads would be popping up, because he would be shinning in some well booked story lines with the IC title or US title.
But instead we get Axel being fed to Punk on a weekly basis and Ambrose sitting ringside with Reigns and Rollins... belts are firmly wasted on those two IMO (although I do like Ambrose)

·
Registered
392 Posts
The" we the people" chants are mostly because of Cesaro. The fans want to get behind this guy. If it was as easy/fun as a "Yes!" chant he'd already be over and getting a push towards the WHC. I don't mind Cesaro in this tag team for now, unfortunately I'm not sure how much of what he's doing now transfers over to a singles push. We'll see. As long as he keeps up his in-ring work, he's going to build up a respectable fanbase.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The" we the people" chants are mostly because of Cesaro. The fans want to get behind this guy. If it was as easy/fun as a "Yes!" chant he'd already be over and getting a push towards the WHC. I don't mind Cesaro in this tag team for now, unfortunately I'm not sure how much of what he's doing now transfers over to a singles push. We'll see. As long as he keeps up his in-ring work, he's going to build up a respectable fanbase.
I noticed that!

Swagger seems to be sick of the Real Americans, and when I watched WM29, the crowd weren't really behind him... but now that Cesaro is there everyone's chanting it! Despite the fact they're heels... it's great!

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I dunno about the future especially if they are going to turn him face. I don't think he is ever going to get a big enough reaction or be a big enough draw to be one of the top guys.

The thing i find most weird is we all know Vince has a chubby in his pants for big guys and he's got a big guy in Cesaro who can do EVERYTHING with regards to in-ring ability and technique yet he would rather persist with trying to get Ryback over.

Cesaro is the sort of guy who can put on absolutely outstanding matches and for that reason alone he should be in the main event very soon imo, i would take him over ADR anyday of the week.

I would love to see him have feuds with the following guys: Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, Sheamus, Randy Orton, Seth Rollins. I think all of they matches would be potential 5 star quality.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts