Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is Antonio Cesaro called a real American by Zeb Colter? I mean he is not an American, never mind a real American. Will they do a Kofi Kingston on us & change the place he is billed from?
Surly they could of found a decent American heel to use instead of him.

·
Registered
12,870 Posts
Because Cesaro didn't sneak across the border *Does the two walking fingers thing* like Alberto DEL REEE-O and Sin Cara did!

·
Administrator
59,114 Posts
Maybe that was the point of putting him in the group. The fact that he's not an American but except American values. It's a little strange though because foreigners normally shit on Americans when they are heels. Whatever, as long as it leads to a major face run and eventual World title win.

·
Premium Member
17,217 Posts
Why is Antonio Cesaro called a real American by Zeb Colter? I mean he is not an American, never mind a real American. Will they do a Kofi Kingston on us & change the place he is billed from?
Surly they could of found a decent American heel to use instead of him.
(the actual 'Claudio Castagnoli' won his greencard in a lottery drawing)

Antonio Cesaro embraces the American spirit. He came over to America legally and only helped to improve the country he loves so much. Unlike illegal aliens or non-American valued foreigners, Antonio Cesaro respects the US government too much to live here but, in anyway other than a US Patriot would. He embraces the American spirit of "with Hard Work comes great Success" and is seen as a role model for younger Americans in the audience and those watching at home. Antonio Cesaro may have simply been born in Switzerland, but he was raised and impressed upon by the United States of America and everything it holds of value.

They did find a decent American Heel. And don't call me Shirley.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
He 'loved America and hated Americans' before Colter even showed up. I think it's cool that they integrated Antonio into their little grouping.
Bingo, that's the connection and it's not like he's illegal unlike a certain section of Hispanics on the roster, speaking strictly kayfabe, of course.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I know right? A roster full of Americans and they choose Cesaro to fill the role. I'm not complaining too much though as it gives him a solid place on the card for now. I'm assuming that eventually the plan will be for Swagger and Colter to turn on him due to his popularity and have a feud with Cesaro going over.

·
Banned
769 Posts
it's sort of a 'hey we're not racist, we have a foreign guy' and tbf b/c it is PG, it keeps the angle sort of clean and not too dodgy.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You can choose between: (1) he's white and Zeb is racist, or (2) to show that Zeb only has a problem with bad immigrants, while he likes good immigrants. If it's 2, then in kayfabe, ADR and Sin Cara are illegal immigrants.

·
Unpaid Idiot
836 Posts
(the actual 'Claudio Castagnoli' won his greencard in a lottery drawing)

Antonio Cesaro embraces the American spirit. He came over to America legally and only helped to improve the country he loves so much. Unlike illegal aliens or non-American valued foreigners, Antonio Cesaro respects the US government too much to live here but, in anyway other than a US Patriot would. He embraces the American spirit of "with Hard Work comes great Success" and is seen as a role model for younger Americans in the audience and those watching at home. Antonio Cesaro may have simply been born in Switzerland, but he was raised and impressed upon by the United States of America and everything it holds of value.

They did find a decent American Heel. And don't call me Shirley.
I used to think that Antonio Cesaro in The Real Americans was stupid.
Then I realised that ^^^, and it actually makes sense.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
If you have to ask, you obviously don't follow storylines.

As previously stated, Cesaro had a Pro-Nation/Anti-Citizen gimmick. He cut promo's about how great the country was and how the people tarnished it. It fits in perfectly with Zeb's feelings. It's been so well integrated I almost feel as if it was intentional.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
The angle doesn't make perfect sense, but it was explained well at the time and has been built upon with no real problems.

What's most important, though, is that the chemistry between Swagger, Cesaro and Colter is very, very good and they're getting some excellent screen time. Hopefully they keep doing well till the corporation stuff settles down a bit and Cesaro can get a well deserved push. WHC within 12 months I hope.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts