Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

In regard to allegations made over the last 24 hours about the alleged improprieties of several Impact talents, including Joey Ryan and Dave Crist, Impact Wrestling's parent company Anthem issued the following statement to PWInsider.com:

?It is a core value of the Anthem organization that we conduct our business with respect and integrity, providing a safe and secure work environment for our employees and performers.

We are following carefully the various allegations being made through social media, and are reviewing all incidents involving Impact Wrestling talent and personnel to determine an appropriate course of action.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Man, this has opened a whole can of worms. I'm all for it, as much as we love it, we all know there is a really, dark side of it & this is one area that has been noted a lot over the years involving both men & women...not to this extent, but I don't think anyone is surprised.

I don't think Sami or Rich will be affected, both seem to be sorted issues, can't sack them for that (especially in Rich's case which sounded like just a drunken row & people went OTT), Tessa we know about & they stuck with... considering they named Joey & Dave, it's them who are probably been genuinely looked into, I've only seen Joey showed his dick off in a locker room that happened to have a woman there? That seems harsh. In terms of Dave Crist, I can see them ripping his contract up, not by far the worst case to come out, but it's not acceptable & it's multiple people too.

But like I say, those who feel uncomfortable about this, should.

Edit - might be coincidence, but it's a bit strange that close to 2 years, Dave Crist has barely been used, inc. tag matches, he's around, but Jake, Sami & Fulton have all had chances as single competitors, did the Impact guys know about his history?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Man, this has opened a whole can of worms. I'm all for it, as much as we love it, we all know there is a really, dark side of it & this is one area that has been noted a lot over the years involving both men & women...not to this extent, but I don't think anyone is surprised.

I don't think Sami or Rich will be affected, both seem to be sorted issues, can't sack them for that (especially in Rich's case which sounded like just a drunken row & people went OTT), Tessa we know about & they stuck with... considering they named Joey & Dave, it's them who are probably been genuinely looked into, I've only seen Joey showed his dick off in a locker room that happened to have a woman there? That seems harsh. In terms of Dave Crist, I can see them ripping his contract up, not by far the worst case to come out, but it's not acceptable & it's multiple people too.

But like I say, those who feel uncomfortable about this, should.

Edit - might be coincidence, but it's a bit strange that close to 2 years, Dave Crist has barely been used, inc. tag matches, he's around, but Jake, Sami & Fulton have all had chances as single competitors, did the Impact guys know about his history?
Dave Crist has been dealing with a back injury for quite a while. Before he and Jake signed Dave had been retired for a short period of time due to injury. I can't see Dave not being fired asap as there are plenty of allegations against him all with consistent

·
Registered
897 Posts
Joey Ryan is at this point pretty much a sure case. Several more accounts have opened about their experiences with him. And now also his buddy Joey Janella confirmed he knows what Ryan has done.

Also his former buddy Ryan Nemeth posted this: "If you’ve been assaulting women for your entire wrestling “career” ...you can’t blame it on a dick flip or relationship issues. You’re a fucking loser, a liar, and a monster. You deserve to be exposed and ended. "

·
Banned
801 Posts
JOEY RYAN DISAPPEARS FROM SOCIAL MEDIA IN WAKE OF MORE ALLEGATIONS, UPDATE ON IMPACT WRESTLING STATUS

Impact Wrestling star Joey Ryan, who issued an apology this morning after allegations regarding his behavior were made online, deleted his Twitter account (which featured his apology) as well as the account for his California independent promotion Bar Wrestling this afternoon as additional allegations continued to be levied against him for alleged sexual abuse.
One allegation, from Texas independent wrestler Roc-C, noted that Ryan was flirting with her when she was underage and then, when she was 18, allegedly pressured her to come up to his hotel room after she drove him to a hotel. UK indy talent Jetta alleged the same. British ring announcer Charlie also alleged wrongdoing by Ryan.
There were additional allegations from others maintaining their anonymity with the belief among others who have spoken out against Ryan following his apology, including AEW's Joey Janela, is that even other allegations could be coming to public light.
While Impact Wrestling has not addressed the status of Ryan, the impression PWInsider.com has received from sources in the promotion is that Ryan, who had been leading the #CancelCulture group will not be returning. There has been no official announcement from the company on the status of Ryan as of this writing.
In regard to allegations made over the last several days about the alleged improprieties of several Impact talents, including Ryan and Dave Crist, Impact Wrestling's parent company Anthem issued the following statement to PWInsider.com several days ago:
"It is a core value of the Anthem organization that we conduct our business with respect and integrity, providing a safe and secure work environment for our employees and performers.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yeah the stuff about Joey has really come out since Saturday, he's absolutely done...no chance you'll see him again, anywhere.

·
Banned
801 Posts
DAVE CRIST-IMPACT UPDATE AND MORE IMPACT WRESTLING NOTES & NEWS
By Mike Johnson on 2020-06-22 10:15:00
For those who have asked about the status of Dave Crist in the wake of online allegations of sexual misconduct, Impact Wrestling has not yet made an official announcement about his status. PWInsider.com was told by several wrestlers that they believed Crist was done with the company even before the allegations were brought forth. There had been a near-universal stance against him in recent months and at the last TV tapings (where he was turned on by his brother Jacob and left laying), Dave Crist was not even allowed to dress in the locker room. The belief among the wrestlers was that Crist was already done but Impact hadn't announced it yet, possibly to avoid the criticism of releasing someone during the pandemic. In either event, it's not expected he'll remain associated with Impact for much longer.

·
Banned
801 Posts
More Details On Dave Crist Having Heat With IMPACT Wrestling Talent, Why He Was Thrown Out Of The Locker Room

Dave Crist‘s behavior was apparently problematic before allegations about his behavior surfaced this weekend.
According to PWInsider.com, Dave Crist was on his way out of IMPACT Wrestling before allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced this week. It was noted that Crist’s departure was a “long time coming” and he was not allowed to dress in the locker room with other talent.

WrestleZone has learned more details on Crist’s status with the company, and can confirm that he was not been allowed to change in the locker room for nearly five months. Additionally, sources speaking with WrestleZone said Crist’s issues started with IMPACT and the talent roster after he was responsible for Rich Swann’s injury in January and refused to issue an apology.

Swann was injured in an 8-Man elimination match featuring oVe (Dave Crist, Jake Crist, Madman Fulton & Sami Callihan) against Swann, Brian Cage, Tessa Blanchard and Willie Mack at the IMPACT Wrestling / RCW Bash At The Brewery 2 event in San Antonio, Texas. It was stated that all Swann wanted was an apology, and when Dave refused there was a request by other talent to have him fired.
Crist’s issues reportedly escalated from there, and Sami Callihan and Jake Crist ended up kicking him out of oVe. He was allegedly becoming more isolated and had a number of complaints about his behavior, including some coming from his own recruits and other female wrestlers.
Crist was accused of multiple accounts of sexual assault and misconduct this weekend, including by his ex-girlfriend Hannah Horror, who said he was abusive and sexually assaulted her on multiple occasions. Several other wrestlers have used #SpeakingOut to highlight his abusive and inappropriate behavior, including Allie Kat, Max The Impaler and Ziggy Haim, who said Crist sent unsolicited photos of his body and attempted to groom her.
Dave Crist has not publicly commented since the allegations against him were made public. Crist was a former co-host of the Wrestling With Sports podcast but the show issued a statement on the allegations noting that they “had parted ways with Dave very quietly several months ago” and will no longer be part of the show. In addition, Rockstar Pro Wrestling has since ended their affiliation with Crist’s OI4K Wrestling Academy and named Zachary Wentz as one of their new trainers.
IMPACT Wrestling issued the following statement on the allegations about several wrestlers but did not comment specifically about Crist or his status with the company.
“It is a core value of the Anthem organization that we conduct our business with respect and integrity, providing a safe and secure work environment for our employees and performers. We are following carefully the various allegations being made through social media, and are reviewing all incidents involving IMPACT Wrestling talent and personnel to determine an appropriate course of action.”

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
^Think I've read that they are going to cut it out which I'm disappointed for Jake Crist, Steve and mystery partners as this feud was doing great to reestablish Jake and Steve. Here's hoping Cancel Culture either get a new mouthpiece or just get beat and then disbanded. I'm not a huge fan of the group but I do hope it actually gets an ending rather than being cut from TV and then never mentioned again.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well I wasn't wrong there was deeper issues! To have his brother & brother in all but blood turn their backs on you, it says an awful lot imo.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Algin is gonna hurt them the most, although he's only suspended so far. I wonder if he was gonna take the strap at Slammiversary?

·
Banned
801 Posts
Algin is gonna hurt them the most, although he's only suspended so far. I wonder if he was gonna take the strap at Slammiversary?
Elgin sent a penis picture and is only suspended to investigate him but he'll be back for the ppv though.

Don't forget the champion is a racist.
Shes a racist but they're not going to get rid of her even though they should since theres no physical evidence of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts