Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: WrestleZone.com

The latest UFC fighter to tease a jump over to WWE is Roy "Big Country" Nelson.

Nelson told MMAWeekly that after he wins his upcoming fight Saturday on UFC 146:

"Might just have to go to WWE because I might just have to call him out, go to WWE, and whoop his ass.”

Nelson also commented on King Mo signing with TNA wrestling

"I'm actually ecstatic. It couldn't have happened to a better man. I think it opens a lot of doors for a lot of different fighters, and it actually opens up a lot of fighter's eyes that there's other ways to make a living, that you can actually do both sports."

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It will help WWE if I'm honest, attracting UFC guys. Will help them gain some legitimacy in something which is largely seen as a joke, especially in this day and age.

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
I'm always interested in UFC guys making the transition to WWE, it would be a very cool process to see a real UFC made star come over to the WWE in the modern era where UFC is the more dominant brand.

·
Registered
345 Posts
he wouldn't be that great. he has a decent personality but that's about it. i'd prefer if someone like rampage or chael sonnen jumped ship. hell, chael sonnen would be a huge star in pro wrestling. he has EXCELLENT mic skills, and is the best trash talker in MMA by far.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Roy Nelson is cool but I'm no fan of UFC fighters wrestling unless their serious about learning the business. Wrestling isn't something to just jump into because it looks fun and shit. Ken Shamrock was serious, so was Dan Severn but I doubt Tank Abbot was, I sincerely doubt Lesnar is now.

Besides very few UFC fighters have good enough personalities to make it work. Rampage could do it, so could Tito Ortiz (who has also mentioned wanting to make the jump) but its not for everybody. Only certain guys should even be considered, I'm not sure Roy Nelson is one of those guys.

Even though I don't fully support the concept I'm not totally averse to it if the guy is willing to take it seriously and do the necessary work. My big issue is that people see $5 million for less than 1 year of work and the big payday Floyd Mayweather got and will decide to try and jump on the bandwagon to collect a quick buck without putting forth enough effort.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Nelson would be interesting for WWE, but when it comes to MMA fighters going into wrestling I'd personally love to see Josh Barnett get a TNA/Bellator deal when his Strikeforce contract is up. The chances of him heading to the UFC when the SF heavyweight division is totally absorbed aren't great, and he's wrestled for NJPW so it could happen.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,847 Posts
"Might just have to go to WWE because I might just have to call him out, go to WWE, and whoop his ass.”
Looks like he's going to call John Cena out ;)

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
So he's calling out John Cena? I don't get it....

·
Registered
196 Posts
He's calling out Lesnar and has been for a while. WWE fans don't have to worry, he ain't leaving fighting because the guy hates traveling and being away from his family.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
It will help WWE if I'm honest, attracting UFC guys. Will help them gain some legitimacy in something which is largely seen as a joke, especially in this day and age.
100% of the people who rather watch UFC over WWE/TNA simply because "UFC is real and wrestling is fake" are retards anyway.

Who would pander to those? They're a minority, and very fucking stupid at that.

Bringing UFC fighters to WWE doesn't give "credibility" (a word that gets thrown around a LOT), it makes it less credible.

·
Registered
197 Posts
100% of the people who rather watch UFC over WWE/TNA simply because "UFC is real and wrestling is fake" are retards anyway.

Who would pander to those? They're a minority, and very fucking stupid at that.

Bringing UFC fighters to WWE doesn't give "credibility" (a word that gets thrown around a LOT), it makes it less credible.
hold on, isn't UFC real and wrestling fake?

Big Country's great and wrestling is probably a contingency plan for him. He has lost a lot of fights since winning TUF. I've always thought of him as the Mick Foley of the UFC.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Its Sonnen or nothing. I dont want to see no other crossovers. Sonnen makes the perfect arrogant egotistical heel

·
The Sundance Kid
18,642 Posts
Alistair Overeem should come to WWE and feud with Cena to see who the better guy that beat Brock Lesnar is. Then after he goes over Cena he can feud with John Laurinaitis to see who the better guy that beat Cena is.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.